Lowe's and Repossession...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Andrew, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

...so I was checking my Experian Report yesterday and it seems that my old Lowe's account which was a collection account is now listed as repossession (no kidding). Are they coming to repo that variable speed orbital palm sander I bought back in '96?

:p

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i'd suggest putting it under your bed, and not leaving it out in the back yard shack. Those repo men are pretty sneaky.

3. LAT

LAT Well-Known Member

I needed a good laugh. That was a great !!! (not that it is on your report- the comment about repo'ing your sander) That means its going off your credit next year right? 96-2003 is 7 years, if my math is correct. I have read not to mess with anything that is coming off soon, but if you dispute this acct. don't they have to provide evidence of what they reported-- repo of your sander? I would think that it could easily be unverfiable? Just be sure you keep it under lock and key! lol Anyone else?

4. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

LOL...I imagine waking up at 3:00 am to see some guy sneaking around under my bed...

5. LAT

LAT Well-Known Member

First clue, a black van with blacked out windows that follows you everywhere you go!!! Worst nightmare, your picture posted at all Lowe's stores..."Have you seen this man? Reward (what does a sander cost anyways?) 29.50 plus tax.....lol

6. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Would they sell it at auction and make me pay a deficiency balance?