Lowest FICO for AMEX?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fingrrrl, Nov 13, 2001.

1. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

What is the lowest FICO anyone's had and been approved for an AMEX? I had a charge-off with them but I paid in full and am now nearing my one year mark since the payment and wish to apply. I'd like the Blue, Blue for Students or Optima Card.

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

I believe that charge cards require a 650 or better,& credit cards @ 680 or better.

That is the impression I have from prior conversations w/Amex New Accounts.

Sister Girl

3. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

The delta skymiles seems like the easiest to get. I got it with a fico of around 670.

I think I heard that someone with just above 650 also got it.

Good luck,
    -Roman

4. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

applied for blue experian 668 DENIED

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I applied for the AMEX Green and was decline. Transunion 665

But with a bk-13 and 3 derogs from 1996. So FICO is part of the equation as derogs play a big part as well.

Best regards,
    Mirage

6. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

My Score Power was 636, now 686.

I was approved for the gold Delta Skymiles and student green at 636. However, AMEX told me I had higher with their system, but wouldn't tell me the score. The reps said time of employment, residence, and amount of money in banking accounts, as well as my student status, pushed me to their approval range.

7. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Hmm that kind of bugs me they know how much money Wachovia has of mine in CDs, savings, and checking. It is a very substantial sum of money, more than I "salary" make in a year. Oh well, guess privacy died a long time ago :)