Macys card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, May 29, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I'm an authorized user on this card, but I hardly buy anything at Macys anymore so I was thinking about cancelling this card. How do I cancel if I'm an AU? Does the primary cardholder have to call and remove me or can I call and remove myself?

Thanks.

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Is this showing on your credit reports? Mine never did when I was an AU, only when I got my own account. Interesting.

But in any case, you have the right to remove yourself from the account as an AU but not to close it. Only the person financially responsible for the bill can close the account. This is how it has worked for me in the past.

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Sterns merged with Macys? The reason I'm asking is that I was originally an AU on the Sterns card and this did show up on my report and then all of a sudden a few weeks ago I received a Macys card in the mail which I did not apply for. My Macys card came with my mother's card (primary cardholder). I also noticed that Sterns was having a going out of business sale in my area.

4. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Federated was closing Stern's and converting them to Macys

VJ

5. steve

steve Well-Known Member

If I remove myself as an AU, how would it show up on my report? Would it show up as closed at cosumer's request?