Macy's credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jan 13, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Anyone having Macy's card got a credit increase upon request, or upgraded to Macy's Premier card?

The APR for Macy's card is currently 21.6% - not bad for a store card, and much lower than Providian's default interest rate. They're currently stingy w/ initial limits, but the cards are easier to get than Target's.

Saar

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

My gf went from $200 to $500 after 2 months . It was her first card. The first purchase maxxed it out and she paid it off then asked.

she has perfect credit (albeit little)

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

I've got a 400 dollar increase when I requested it. I've had the card for 3 years b4 that and they don't increase it without a request. Maybe it's different for others but that's what happenned to me .

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Here's what Macy's credit rep e-mailed me:

"For your credit to increase we require six months of use in good standing. An upgrade to the premier card is based upon spending.

Sincerely,

Jerald Sprouse
    Internet Customer Service"

Saar

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I dunno about the premier but both my brother and my gf have gotten increases in like 2-3 months after getting em.

You need to call up the folks there instead of emailing and demand an increase.

If you've been good, i doubt they will deny, especially consider how slow the season is right now :)

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

My friend got a Macy's card (it was her second card) and it had the lovely $100 limit. She was told that she had to have $500 in purchases before they would raise. I'm not sure how close she got but one day we were shopping and she needed to buy a dress for a wedding so I told her to call and be real sweat and politely ask for an increase so she could get the dress. They bumped it to $300. I think she had the card less than 6 months.