Macy's-finally a maybe...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Mar 10, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Macy's says they couldnot open an account for me because they couldnot verify my address. (?) Anyway, This is the first time that Macy's even considered me. They pulled equifax which is my second best report. I really have to work on that Transunion. I will send out my letters Monday definitely. So all I have to do is send Macy's a ulitity or bank statement and they will reconsider my application. Is this looking positive. Has anyone gotton this kind of response and been approved...OR Denied?

roni

2. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

It sounds like a go. That's what happened to me and a few others I know. We all got cards after we sent in a bill. You'll probably get a big fat $100.00 limit.....we did!

3. slim

slim Guest

roni,

If you get the macys card....hopefully ou will pay that unlike your student loans.

slim

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

That's what happened to my friend. The first time she applied (can't remember if it was instant credit or through mail) they stated that they couldn't verify her address (probably cause she had no credit) and that she needed to send in a copy of her bill. She didn't do it. Then like maybe a year later, she does the express credit thing and got apporved for $100 (she had previously gotten the Aria card as her first card) back in like early 2000. Her limit is now $800. She went from $100 to $300 to $800. Each time she called and requested the increase.

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

yes I received this letter. They will made another inquire when they review your applicaton
    the second time. they put three hard inquires on my equifax file!!

6. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

yes I received this letter. They will made another inquire when they review your applicaton
    the second time. they put three hard inquires on my equifax file!!

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dang. That is bad news. Oh well, I will see how it goes. Did you get the card? You neglected to add that information.

roni

8. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Still waiting,

They ask me for a copy of utility bills or statement with my home address, I sent
    some bills with my PO Box address and a copy of my Driver's License(Home address) .
    (Bang... Second Hard Inquire) . They denied me and sent me another letter
    asking for the same information. I insisted and sent again 5 or six statements with
    the right address (Bang...third hard inquire).

That's the story. probably I will get another denial letter. By the way I don't need the card
    anymore. i already have 4 store cards.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Didn't you have a utlitiy bill or bank statement like they requested. I think banks are very particular about needing those documents for verification. I have had to send that info in before. PO Box addresses??? I hope you get the card.

roni

10. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Thanks Roni !!. Also for the citibank advise. I was approved two months
    ago with a ton of inquires (Equifax) for AAdvantage Gold and Silver with
    9k each.

11. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Roni, did you already tried Saks 5th Avenue?
    They usually approve with a high credit limit ($2500 in my case)
    and report the All three Cra's (credit limit to Trans Union only!).

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Do they have online application. I love Saks. Which report do the PULL?

roni

13. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Yes, they have. But not instant decision. They pulled Trans Union for me.
    I had only one account on my report by that time (Nov 2000) Capital One
    secured 11 months old/ $800 Cr limit. I received their card (Saks) with $2,500 limit
    never used by now but they report monthly.