Macys Instant?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

My friend is looking for a retail card and I suggested Target or Macys, she would prefer macys, I know Target does instant approvals, but does anyone know if macys does as well. I looked over the site but didn't seem to find anything regarding instant approval?

thanks

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

apply in person, they will ask for your ID, and call your home phone/check the listing in 411. They'll approve anyone without bad credit, after being able to verify both pieces of information in person.

Target is solely based on credit score, a little over 600 usually does the trick.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Sam, she is lazy loves to apply and shop online LOL.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

that is a first for a woman :) I hate being dragged by gf to the damn mall, when i can shop online... heheheh

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh sam, you just don't know!! We can shop in 2 or 3 stores at once online, sip coffee, dry our hair, and in some cases, talk on the telephone, all at the same time! :D

breeze

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

She can apply for a Macys online and get an instant response (www.macys.com - go to customer service, Club Macy's - then apply online).

-mj

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks MJ, she did got instant approval with account number, but no mention of a limit??????

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Probably $100! :-\

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

http://www.macys.com/service/index.jsp
    Click on credit services...
    Click on view your account...
    ACCOUNT #
    SS#
    SUBMIT.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks George, she did that but still sees no limit????

11. Cadillac408

Have her call 800-659-6229 and do the automated thing. That might tell her the limit.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Macy's Account Questions
    For questions about your Macy's Account (please have your Macy's account number
    ready):

1-800-972-4243 (East of the Mississippi River)
    1-800-659-6229 (West of the Mississippi River)

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks GEORGE, you are the best:) I owe you 2 FICO points:)

Thanks MP:)

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Pretty close MP, she got 200, she called them this morning and cancelled.

15. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions.

Why did she cancel? Why not use it and get increases over time?

Does that mean that now she will have a Closed at the Request of the Consumer listed on her report or is it because the card was just gotten they'll just cancel it and not note it on her report.

Will she now have a hard inquiry on her report with no active account to back it up? Won't that look like she was denied Macy's?

My husband applied in person at the register and I could swear his first statement said his limit was $200. That was last October I think but now he has a $1,200 limit. He's never asked for an increase; they must raise it periodically.

16. sam

sam Well-Known Member

those macy's cards are useless for most people. The interest rate is murder. $200 credit limits are just plain hard to manage. Crap, one nice outfit costs more than $200..

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

She was looking for a retail card to help credit mix and also ratios, 200 isn't going to do much good.

No she cancelled immediately after getting approval, this shouldn't appear on her credit report at all.

Yes she will have a hard inquiry, but don't think this will hurt by not having an active account.

She wanted retail but also wanted a good limit to start with, I sent her Lowes way and she got instant approval for 1200, now this will help her with her ratios

18. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I got macys too

I just applied and got instant. Thanks guys.

ps anyone know any good apartment searches???

19. Cadillac408

Shouldn't cancel Macy's

Mom....

I don't know why she canceled that card. She should of kept it. I use to work at Macy's and they alway issue cards with like $100-$300 limits for security purposes. They want to make sure everything is on the up and up. Once the card has been used a few times and payments have been made, they will raise no problem. They started my one girlfriend off at $100 and like 3 or 4 months later she called and requested an increase. They gave her $300. Then like a few months later she called back and they gave her $500. Then she called again a few months later and got $800. She might be even higher up there but I'm not sure....I haven't asked her. But Macy's WILL be good to someone if you shop there alot.

For my account, Macy's was one of my first cards and they started me off at $300. It stayed there from 92 until 3/99 in which they closed my account (I went through hard times and missed a few payments). I ran down there with a balance transfer check to pay off the account ($350) and I let it sit. Then in 10/00I called them up and begged them for my account back. I had to fax them some documents showing that I cleared up some derogatory stuff on my credit report and they opened it back up w/ a $200 limit. Then 2/01 they raised it automatically to $500 (I went over my limit at the register and they had to call for authorization...they ok'd it and bumped the limit up). Then in 5?/01 I called to get an increase (after reading someone else's success in this board) and got $1k increase to $1500. I did this to help my balance to limit ratios. No hard inquiry was ever pulled.

So if your friend was looking for a quick jolt to their balance to limit ratios, then Macy's might not have been the solution. But give Macy's 6 months (maybe even less) and they'll raise the limit no problem.

20. Cadillac408

Re: I got macys too

http://classifieds.yahoo.com/

Go under Rentals & Roommates.