Macy's limit increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Without getting into specifics, I now have proof that MP$40's strategy (i.e. "getting married soon"), does wonders with Macy's credit dept.

:)

Saar

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

knowledge, it's a wonderful thing! i love creditnet.com!

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Hell, it was almost as efficient as the "I'm about to rent a car" line was with Capital One :)

Saar

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

HA! :))

Great, huh? I love that store SO MUCH! You just don't even know.

I have this joke going among me and my girlfriends. I told them that if I ever die, to burry me in my Cadillac with my Chanel lip gloss and my Macy's card! These are the items (among a few other things) that I simply cannot live without!

Just be careful on what you say to them. One time I called up and used the "I'm getting married, need bride's maid dresses" and they wanted to set me up with a different type of account altogether. Sort of like when you go to buy furniture. I declined that politely and just asked what they could do to help me. I got a $1k increase out of them. The best part is that the rep was like, let me put you on hold and speak with my manager. She came back on the line and was like, GUESS WHAT? (all excited).....we are going to increase your limit not by the $500 that you asked for, but $1k!!!!!!! She was totally excited for me! I love it!

5. Saar

Saar Banned

You mean, it works multiple times?

I thought they may actually put a note on one's file, to make sure they don't grant excessive credit to those who practice polygamy LOL

Saar

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Let me think...

I've called 3 times and recieved increases. The first time was the wedding one. Second time I can't remember if I used that one again or not (maybe I'll do a search here and find out...I'm sure I posted it). The last time was the *Waterford Picture Frames* one. The last one I told them that my job was going to reimburse me for the charges no problem, that I just needed the extra credit so that I could put the purchase on my card and move up in status. The rep was impressed that I took their "Club Macy's" program serious. She even saw a note where I requested to be upgraded to President's Club so that made my story even more believable. I don't think they note reasons given to justify increases.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Of course Macy's grants extra credit for multiple marriages. To do otherwise would be discriminatory against Muslims, who are allowed by the Koran to have multiple wives.