Macy's Limit Increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Mar 14, 2001.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I like my retail cards, and use them occasionally so I can save my bank cards for other things. My first retail card was Macy's, which I got in October. I charged about $160 worth of stuff on my $200 card, and also made 5 small payments, 2 of which were only the $5 minimum. Yesterday, I used the courtesy phone near the restrooms to ask for a limit increase. No problem, they gave me another $200 on the spot.

It was all very smooth and very professional. Why can't Capital One behave the same way? :)

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Did they run a check?

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i asked cap 1 for a increase on my secured card about 11 months ago, after having it for a month, they gave me $100 increase and said to wait 6 more months...

after i got my gold unsecured, i called retention in like 26 days, and they gave me a fee-discount and $100 increase too.

not much, but it was the thought that counts :) right now i don't need any more credit :) Just bought a car pretty much on my cards, about to plump down a $2800 payment to cover about half of the car price in about two days. 11.9% for a cute old car isn't bad, thanks citi :)