Macy's...No Limit Increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Oct 29, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

RichGuy,

There seem to be two Macy's (FDS) departments that are authorized to grant increases:

- Credit Granting
    - Authorizations

I was denied an increase by the former, and then granted an increase 2 minutes later by the latter. If you go the usual route, you normally talk to the former. Just call any Macy's 800 # and ask to speak w/ Authorizations. Make sure they transfer you to the right dept & tell them you want no report pulled. Can't promise anything, but you've got nothing to lose.

Saar

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Thank you, Saar. You seem to have investigated the corporate structure of every creditor I could ever want to deal with.

Sometimes you amaze me.

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I will be in my hometown (NYC) around the holidays. I would love a Macy's charge card. I had one.....long time ago. One of my first cc...umm....I mean second. Sears was my first. Anyway, it was closed and I did pay it off in full. It's no longer on my credit report. It's been over 7 yrs. Do you guys (gals) think I can get a new card or possibly re-open my old account? How would I go about it? MP$40....can you help a mother out?? =oD

4. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Do we really have to bother with the cards APR of 21.99%? I will just use a major to shop here. Although, I love TAR-J (say it like you're french). So hopefully, I will get their card.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just walk into a Macy's and apply for instant credit. They probably still have your account in the system (even though it's not on your reports). Most likely they will re-open it.....as long as you don't have any MAJOR derogitories. What is it that is limiting you on your credit reports???

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

To those living in subprime hell:

Retail cards can help you get out of subprime hell. A single retail card increases your credit score. An APR of 21.9% isn't prime by any means, but it's less than many subprime cards charge. You can usually pay off a retail card more quickly than a subprime "major" card because the total costs, including interest and fees, are less.

Thankfully, retail cards almost never torment us with annual fees, acceptance fees, participation fees, etc. Retail cards are like a cool drink of water in the fires of subprime hell.

7. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Yeah I tried that so many times I killed my EQ inquiry list.

RadioShack, Macy's, Chevron, Mervyns, Express, Lane Bryant, Best Buy all gave me denials. The only one I did get was Target: and from what a rep told me all cards will "eventually" become Visas.

8. mother2

Nothing really. Just some medical bills in collections. other than that, I'm cool. I do need to clean up EXP and TU some more but nothing major. I was thinking of using my mom's address when applying. What do you think? What CR do they pull?

9. Cadillac408

I don't know what bureau they pull because it varies by state. If you have an old account and you want them to re-open it, just call and have them research and get the account number, etc. They might? complain about the unpaid medical bills......just give them an explanation. They will probably require that you pay them before they open the account. You'll have to fax them documentation. That is what I had to do. I had to fax them proof that I paid a chargeoffs, 2 collections, and then I had to send them proof that my student loan was being reported inaccurately by a lender that was no longer handling my account. 5 documents (including the cover sheet) to a credit manager that was working with me and my account was back in effect ASAP!

10. mother2

Hmmm. I'll do that. Thank you very much for the info. I was just going through some old things and found an old A&S charge card. I was looking for my old Macy's card but I couldn't find it. So I guess the info will still be in their computer, huh?

Do you have the number so I can call them? Or should I shoot off a ltr via PFB?

11. Cadillac408

The information for Macy's numbers (broken up into East and West?) has been posted before. Here is the number to Macy's West:
    (800) 659-6229

Or try this number:
    1-888-558-5399

If you go to Macy's web site, they also have live chat were you can chat with a rep.

12. mother2

Got it. Thanks again MP$40 and I just wanted to congratulate you on your BIG success with the CC companies. You are doing very well. I hope to be totally out of sub-prime in the very near future. I know definately by 2003 ALL of my negs will drop off. So there's something to look forward to.

Citi AA hooked me up as well. So I'm at least "rowing" the boat. =oD

13. Cadillac408

Yeah....sometimes it blows my mind. To think that in June 2000 I had 2 cards:
    *Citibank Visa
    *Bloomingdale's (I was going through some b.s. with them but got it all straightened out)

I had to get a Corporate AMEX card and was afraid to apply. I knew my credit was GONE but I went ahead and to my SHOCK, a card (with some spending restrictions) came in the mail. In the meanwhile I was receiving offers for the Providian Visa Gold. After the second offer, I sent it in and got it. After that, that prompted me to get my reports and see what was going on. It wasn't as bad as I thought and began to do damage control in July 2000. Then I found this board in August and started my journey from there. My main strategy was to add positive credit while I removed negative credit. I guess it sort of worked.

14. mother2

Yeah, I've managed to get cl increases, another Providian MC and a Citi AA with the help of this board. Now all I need to do is pay down/off the balances. I want to pay off and close Providian and Orchard bank. Then I'll just focus on Citi AA.