Macy's - OMG!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, May 8, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone:

I've been absent from the boards lately. Been real busy with work, not to mention that I just got back from vacation.

I was going through reading the threads and read the post on Macy's and their scoring system, etc. So just to see what would happen, I called Macy's. Here's some background info:

Opened in late '92 (this and Citibank were my very first cards). Limit was $300.

In early '99, Macy's closed my account after I went almost 90 days delinquent....talk about hard times! In retrospect, how could I of went that long w/o making a payment? The minimun is like $5...wow...I must of really been broke! But to save grace, I ran down there w/ a balance transfer check from the crooks at FUSA so that my account wouldn't be closed w/ a balance.

Oct 00 I ate some humble pie and BEGGED Macy's to reopen my account. I had to fax them over some documents proving that I paid some stuff on my credit report and they reopened w/ a $200 limit! I was only begging for $100.

Feb 01 I go shopping for Valentine's day and get to the register. I guess I went over my $200 limit but they didn't decline it. The cashier had to call customer service for approval. They asked him if I had my driver's license in my posession and he said yes. He gave them the number and that was it. Transaction approved! Then like a month later I call to check if they received my payment. Then I spoke to a rep to see what my limit was (the automated didn't say) and it was now $500!

So I call Macy's to test the whole scoring system to see if they really would raise my limit w/o pulling a CR. I told the rep <snicker> that I wanted to purchase some bride's maide dresses and wanted to know what she could do for me in regards to raising my limit. I also stated <snicker> that I was buying a home and didn't want a CR pulled. She stated that I had my account long enough for them not to pull a CR. She asked me what I what kind of increase I was looking for and I said just enough to get the dresses.....so like $500 or so. She offered to see about setting me up w/ another type of Macy's account and I told her NO.....that I didn't want to open up any new accounts and mess up my mortgage (HA!). She said o.k. please hold. She came back and said that she had to speak w/ a supervisor about raising my limit and gave me a THOUSAND DOLLAR INCREASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Limit is now $1500!!!!!!! Guess I'll be a Presidents Club member in no time! :-D

Just wanted to share this info to you all.

Happy Credit Building!

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

MP,

Nice work! And thanks for sharing your success. I'm delighted to hear your good news.

Donna

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Excellent job <snicker>

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Re: Macy's - OMG

Sorry, didn't mean to quote.

This new board is still presenting a challenge for me. I'm grateful for all of the hard work of the creditnet administration, and agree that the changes were needed, but the old board was easier to navigate.

Donna

5. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I agree about the old board being easy to navigate, and so much easier to just go into.

6. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new credit limit.

vj

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

That's great. congrats!!

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Girlfriend,
    You have been chatting with me for TOO LONG! And the Mortgage...nice touch.

Go Girl.

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

LOTS of MACYS in South Bay

Hey MP - how R YA? Congrats on your slick, polished efforts and success with Macys.

Macys IS NOT an easy card to get with bad credit.

c ya dogman

10. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Hey MP-

Are you sure you really want to be a Pres. Club member -- the price of admission is spending $2,500 in a calendar year.

PLEASE don't revolve that much on a 21% card -- for your own sake!

Just get the Premier ($1,000 per year) - you get everything that you'd get in the President's Club (3%/sometimes 6% rebates @ Macy's, 1% everywhere else) -- except for free alterations.

Best of luck-
    mj

11. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Re: LOTS of MACYS in South Bay

Congrats! I'm puzzled, what is this Macy's scoring system? I have an account that is now closed/deactivated because I let it go 60 days and when it went past due, I hadn't used the card in over 5 or 6 months. I'd be interested in knowing how to have the card reactivated.

12. Cadillac408

Good idea! I know for a fact I probably spend at least on the average $100/mo there so Premier should be coming up soon. I forgot to ask when their fiscal year ends and they start tallying up charges, etc. Yeah....I don't need alterations but on the other hand, just having Presidents anything changes the way associates treat you at Macy's. I should know....I worked there for 2+ years. Any time we saw *Presidents* it was 1:1 time!

13. Cadillac408

Hey Dogman!

Hey Dogman! I'm hangin in there. Am/Ex is still kickin my butt. Snapped them $1673 last month!!! :-(

Macy's has been very good to me, through good times and bad. I can't complain.

Hope you are enjoying the sunny CA weather. It's a HOT BOX down here in the south bay! I thought I saw Loucipher sitting on my couch when I got home today! :-O

14. Cadillac408

Thank You All!

Thanks for the kind words...

Keep striving for better credit!

15. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Thank You All!

You're doing very well MP$40 :) A $1K increase from Macy's sure is nice.

Still working on it here. As you've seen on my previous post, it took 3 increases and 5 months to get from $100 to $600. Even if they do everything by the book from now on, I'll have a $1K Macy's limit by the end of the year. But I hope to play my cards right and get a limit that's as high as yours.

Account was opened 12/2000.

Saar