Made it/Mortgage Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jun 27, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ugh..made it at 5 am. It took 2 hours longer cuz the truck was so slow.

But, we are here. Heard from realtor this morning..and we have a closing time...only..the appraisal may hold us up! (See, Mom...we are twins!) So, we are hoping for the closing Friday...but we may close Friday and fund Monday..which means we won't get the house until Monday..sigh..

Anyway, have a ton to do but wanted to contact you all and say hallooo

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

NanaC

Thanks for finding the time to update us on how things are going. It's good to know you made the trip, safe and sound.

Hang in there. You're almost to the finishline. Things will work out. I'll be praying hard that you'll be able to close on Friday.

Donna

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Cheer Up, Nana. There's still hope! (No pun intended.)

If the lender and your Realtor stay after it, that appraisal can still role in in time to close Friday.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Nana,

Glad you made it there safely. I am sure everything will go just fine, keep on them LOL. Thanks for taking the time to check in, I know how busy you must be, I still am.

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! YOU DID IT!

Stay positive! I wish you all the best.

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Congratulations!! YOU DID IT!

NanaC,

Keep your head up. In no time, you and Momof3 will start comparing Home Depot shopping lists! :)

Praying for you, too...

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Everyone..
    More update..if Momof3 and I share anything, it is never expect things to go as planned..sigh..and stay on top of the appraisal issues!

Anyway, our closing is very iffy..the appraisal did show up and it did appraise at the value of the loan. Ok..that was good. Then, I faxed in a few signatures needed regarding the appraisal..no problem..except I'm not at home so we had to run to Kinko's as my mom's fax machine is misbehaving. Then, to make it more fun, my termite inspection which was done WEEKS ago and is required for the FHA approval is missing! Now, isn't that lovely?

So, the inspector is faxing a second copy to the title company who is faxing another copy to the broker. Sigh..broker is 2 hours ahead of us so Wed. is no go for final steps...which is a final trip through U/W because there was 1 item needed on first trip (proof of funding for deposit), and then the other stuff like appraisal, etc..

And, so...Friday is getting less and less likely. But, all should be in hand now.
    We were hoping to close on the last day of the month because it takes less interest payment at closing. So, that stinks if we go to Mon or Tues.

So, it's been a trying day..on top of the dog jumping my mom's fence, the cats freaking out, the stuff is all packed in the van..

Blah

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, well, that finishes up all the credit news for the day for me. Momof3, Hope....this is awful...Now I understand why the beers, Mom..LOL

Sigh..hey, Reshod...pass me a beer, k?

teehee...

9. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

NanaC, it's time to be firm with your lender. I know you "love" him/her but this what you need to do now.

TELL him/her; don't ask, that their loosing the termite inspection has cost this delay and insist that the lender hold to the closing date of Friday, even if it closes on Monday.

They can do it. It's called "back-dating". It's little known and lender's don't like to do it, but I've seen it done in cases where the delay is at least partially the lender's fault and the buyer's insistant.

You've got nothing to loose. Ask to have the closing "back-dated" so you'll still pay closing interest as though it were this Friday.

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OH, Hope..really, what a great idea! Tell me, would it be the broker I would tell this to, then?

11. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

It would be whoever your mortgage lender is...the person to whom you applied.

I just did it for come clients of mine. It was the lender's fault because he "lolly-gagged" on getting the closing instructions to the title company.

I pitched a fit (gotta do it sometimes) and we closed the first of the next month but the paperwork was backdated.

No harm, no foul.

12. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

NanaC!

Welcome Back!!!!

Is trying to leave this PLACE!!!!

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: NanaC!

Ok, this is getting freaky. Woke up to an email message...termite inspection was not received as promised yesterday..would I please see that it gets there..called realtor who has the local connection.

This sucks..this thing was done on 6-13...sheesh...and yesterday is the first I've heard of it.

I know in my head that freaking out won't help anything but I'm freaking anyway...UGH UGH UGH..

14. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Talk to your lender and Realtor, Nana. Also make sure that whatevver form the dupliate termite inspection is in is suitable to the lender.

On FHA loans, the lender usually wants an original (meaning "wet ink" signatures.)

Avoid snags now.

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hope...they found the original, the title company has "misplaced" it...

Anyway, folks, it really won't be until Monday or Tuesday now for closing...a whole weekend to freak about it. Isn't that lovely?

Anyway, everything is there now..so it's off to U/W for a final trip to confirm the things they requested previously. All positive thoughts sent our way now greatly appreciated!

It's gonna be a long weekend!

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NanaC...OFF TOPIC...I guess your not in AURORA today (OR YESTERDAY) since you never showed up at MISSION VIEJO PARK AND HORSESHOE PARK OR OLYMPIC PARK...for the FIREWORKS FAST PITCH SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT...

:)

Since I didn't pack good enough for you, I was going to give you your money back that you paid me for packing...but I will have to keep it now....

:)

17. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

18. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

George! LOL..you are crazy!!! I'm sorry I missed the tourney...go ahead and keep the money!! ROFL..you are hysterical.

Greg...thank you so much!!!!