Mail Call 11/13

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kittw1, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well, I am not home yet, but what goodies did you all get today? I just cannot wait, especially since my dumb self forgot that yesterday was a holiday. I checked the friggin' box 3 times before I realized it!!! LOL!!

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Me too. Just love mail.

3. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Got my convenience checks from HSBC and a Macy's catalog.

4. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

the mail person is still putting the mail in our boxes. I have to wait till after lunch to check : (

BUT -- I did go to the post office today to mail some items out! Wish me luck !

5. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I got updated credit reports from TU, EX, and EQ.

TU is a joke. They "update" and leave the same old dates and b.s. on there.

I got my AMEX membership banking statement.

I got my denial letter for Gateway computer funding *pfft*

I got a Dell catalog

Cosmopolitan

4 issues of Writer's Digest

National Geographic Traveler

US News and World Report

a large package from Barnes and Noble.com

an autographed photo of a shirtless Hugh Grant

an autographed Ted Williams baseball

$10 gift certificate from Barnes and Noble

Barry Manilow concert tickets

a card from a friend

a letter from another friend

a half.com order

a pre approved Marin bank "gold" card offer. ROFLMAO!

And a partridge in a pear tree.....

6. donna8284

donna8284 Well-Known Member

Speaking of the TU "updated/new information below" B.S.

has anyone figured out a way to beat them on this one?

I have an item that they have done this to 4 times
    another account done 3 times to. No information changed at all but it states there is "new information below"

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Got my first BANK of AMERICA BT PRIME BILL...6.00%...next month 5.50% or 5.00%...

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FIRST USA REJECTION LETTER FOR INTEREST RATE UNDER 13.99%...like 9.99% or less...THEY WILL LET ME KNOW IF SOMETHING COME UP.
    Already closed...waiting for credit balance refund.

MBNA AMERICA REJECTION LETTER for "GO-TO" interest rate under 11.99% and a "PRE-APPROVED" increase in the credit limit.
    I also asked for a DIRECT from web site E-MAIL...answer...they are not sure of the SECURITY...

HUUUHHHHH????

9. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

I am getting off of work...to the mailbox I go!!!!

10. MT

MT Well-Known Member

finally received the Target Visa card in the mail (I chose silver)

various magazines

an actual hand-written check from TransUnion for $8.50 (said that I didn't need to pay for the report or something)

a $4 refund check from gateway

a package from target.com

and junk mail

11. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

hubby's TU report

hubby's student loan bill

medical bill

CA validation letter

12. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Got my TU report (no changes) AND no credit score -- the dufusses!!! had to call 'em up and preach their funeral!

Got a letter saying: "we don't investigate inquiries...yadda, yadda...

Invoice for 10 pounds of shell whole "fancy" pecans which I ordered from a wholesale orchard and had shipped to my Mom so she can start her holiday baking....the yummies are coming! Ohboy-ohboy-ohboy-ohboy!!!

coupons

local flyers

13. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

* Statement from Citi Checking Plus. I had paid off the balance and they did not post it. Now they say it is past due. I have credit union bank statement that Citi cashed the checked a month and a half ago. I'm getting tired of having to straighten out errors!

* New copy of TU report. Score 739 (down from 746??) Noticed many accounts with outdated balances, in particular Citi Cards and ATT Universal(citi affiliate).

* Letter from TU asking for my drivers license and ss card. I had written them last week about my husband's name (not his individual accounts) being on my report, on the last page and under his name is MY ssn#. This info was NOT on the new copy of the report I received today with my score so I am thinking I don't have to do anything now.

* Invitation for Home Equity LOC. I've opted-out every way a person possibly can that I know of and I still get this stuff!!!! Must call or write to find out just where they are getting my name and address.

* Juniper Statement.

14. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

1. Neiman Marcus credit card
    2. Target Visa Card/Pin #
    3. Lord & Taylor coupons(yeah right)
    4. Metrocall annual pager invoice($12 per year/unlimited....will have it F-O-R-E-V-E-R).
    5. Credit Union statement

Sister Girl

15. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Bank statement
    Target Visa (silver -- very pretty)
    Citi Plat Select
    Citi Gold Aadvantage
    Americredit car loan statement
    Providian MC statement

16. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

Re:George about MBNA

George,

I was reading your reponse about MBNA rejecting your request for a lower goto rate on their card,by the why is it the quantum credit card from them?The reason why i ask is because i just upgraded to their quantum one today,and they offered me a 2.9% BT deal for the first 4 billing cycles,and a goto rate of 13.99% after my promo runs out.I do think that after having their card for a year or 2 with no lates,etc then the rate can be talked down some with them.You would have a better chance of getting it lowered by using their card monthly,and occasionally revolve a small balance at one of their teaser rates that they have to offer.Have you been offered any additional teasers yet?Most people should qualify for them reguardless of card status.

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re:George about MBNA

QUANTUM 1.70% BT TILL 12/31/01 "GO-TO" 11.99%
    No limit increase in 6 years.
    They were "PROUD" they have NO from web site E-MAIL I guess...

18. Maurice

Maurice Well-Known Member

1. New TU report showing inquiry I disputed electronically had been removed. This was surprising. On Saturday, I got a letter from TU saying I had to dispute the inquiry with the creditor.

2. Two-tiered Cap One Platinum offer. 0.00 APR until April 2002, then 4.9 APR until October 2002, then 9.9 or 15.9 fixed. Sounds like a good deal unless I don't qualify for the 9.9.

3. AT&T Universal Card offer. 0.0 APR until Aug. 2002, with a go-to rate of 12.49 variable. (Prime + 5.99.) Offer includes $100 phone card and no BT fee. 0.0 APR good on BTs amount until August.

4. Bank One Platinum offer. 2.9 APR until October 2002, then 16.74 APR variable. (Prime = 9.9 percent.)

5. Citibank Platinum Select offer. Fee-less BT, with 0.0 APR on transfered amount until August 2002.

With the exception of the 0.0 intro rates, all the go-to rates on these offers (except 9.9 Cap One) are higher than the rates I have on my current cards.

Experian = 731
    TU = 745
    Equifax = 741

19. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I got my cards!!!!!

AMEX
    CHASE
    BOA
    TARGET
    GM CARD

and my Juniper and First USA denial letters, ha ha ha !
    First premier bill ugh!

Cypri:)

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

9.90% on TARGET VISA???