Mail call.....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breeze, Sep 10, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got my statement from Associates - wow!! a $250 increase! I had asked for lower interest rate - all that credit and I can't use it. :(

And AmEx wants to give me a corporate gold card - I can even put my employees on the account, woo hoo!! And a doctor bill for a whopping $5.00 (I told them the co-pay had gone up!!!)

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i got the generations bank denial. and a refund check from orchard and household bank for closing..

$5 check woohoo im going to hit the check cashing place right now and buy lunch!!

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Careful, you'll spend it all!!

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hey sam,
    What reason did generations bank give for the denial? I haven't heard yet (but no approval email, either).

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Dang, you beat me to it! I was just about to post "Mail call". Here goes:

BEST OF SHOW: ChexSystems letter stating my NSF charge (the only negative on my report) cannot be verified and has been deleted!

Now I can open a checking ANYWHERE with my head held high!

A SMALL DISAPPOINTMENT My 1st Saks Fifth Avenue statement on which I ordered something just so I'd get a SAKS statement with the credit limit on it to use as ammo for the CRA's. Bastards! They did not put the limit on the statement! First time I've ever seen that! Heck I didn't even know the limit myself until I called after I got the card (it wasn't on the sheet the card was stuck to like everybody else!) Makes me sorry we got the card (I'm an AU of boyfriend's again.) I'm very reluctant to order $1,500 worth of stuff from SAKS (our limit), then take it back. Any ideas!

AN IRRITATIONION: Don't do business with First Nationwide Mortgage if you can help it. This is my BF's lender and he'd always told me they were a**holes; now I've got proof.

He's never been late and there's just 15 months and $5,700 left on this loan.

We wrote to ask that he be allowed to pay his own escrow after all these years (it would drop his payment by about $550 a month--money we could use to pay off the credit cards. It's a rental property now, so the rent more than covers the note.)

1st Nationwide Mortgage replied today (after a month and 1 of the 2 letters ignored) --

Mind you, we included with the letter proof that the property was now taxed about and worth a minimum of 5 times the original note and all but about 3% is now repaid.

My answer to them: "AMF!" (Adios Mother F*****s). I'm using part of his new AMEX credit line to write them a check today. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! That is the best ever! Hey...sounds like something I'd say! It's a boring Monday here at work and I'm easily amused! :-D

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!! Well said!

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Hope...

Now you can pay INSURANCE and TAXES yourself...(YOU MAKE THE INTEREST)...

THE MORTGAGE PAYS YOU NO INTEREST FOR YOUR MONEY THEY "HOLD" FOR MANY MONTHS BEFORE PAYING ANYTHING...(mine pays INSURANCE once/year, and TAXES twice/year)...3 payments total...

I wanted to try the same thing...BUT I CAN'T TAKE ONE MORE DENIAL...

I owe <1/3 of AVERAGE SELLING PRICE (although I don't want to sell)...

AS SOON AS PAYMENT POSTS...DEMAND YOUR ESCROW MONEY...

"PAID" DEED NOTE COULD BE MONTHS...

9. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

I am SOOOOOO jealous...can't leave for another 20 minutes and then it takes 30 minutes to get home :p I want my mail!!!!!

10. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Do we do this everyday?? I think it's a good idea as I was so excited to post my news today!!

I am SOOOOO HAPPY!!!! I got my (not very pretty, but oh well) ORCHARD CARD!! I know it's only $300 and I already owe $59.00, but hey, beggars can't be choosers!!! I'm just soooo glad they gave me a card. Now I can actually drive our rental car when we go to CA to visit!! (Like I wasn't already driving it!!) Just to get that smirk off of that girls face at the counter is worth it.

I'm waiting to get the bad news from Providian. I applied online and it said, "Congrats, you are approved". Then I get the email that says "You'll be receiving your card in about 10 days! Thank you for becoming a Providian Customer!" Then down lower it says, "Subject to Verification, you may not recieve your card but a letter explaining why" That bummed me out!!! Not Fair!! Why not just get it over with and deny me right out???? Has this happened to anyone else??

Oh well, I'm still smiling bigtime!!

Happy Monday Everyone!

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hope started this. I think it's fun. :)

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

hay newstdt, call up and tell them you are going to close the orchard, they'll up it to $500 instantly..

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think this is a great idea:)

Well pretty boring mail day here:

My new mortgage statement ( now if they would ever report it LOL)

A grand offer from Crap one for their gold card, I ripped it up and sent it back with a lovely sentiment

An Action "gold" card oh la la, trashed that as well.

And that's it for monday:)

14. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I got a preapproved offer for a gold First National card with a $15,000 credit limit and no credit check. Hooray! Too good to be true you ask? Well of course. LOL. <trash>

15. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I got nothing. Nada. No bills, no checks, no junk mail. What a boring day.

Dani

16. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hey Mom, who's your team? I'm a tired and true Oakland gal. The Raiders kicked Kansas City's butt yesterday (barely). Fifteen more wins and we're SuperBowl bound. :)

Dani

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Dani, I love football and hoops as well. I was a Niners fan for many years, I followed Montana from ND to first season 2-14?? I think, but stuck with him and watched them for years. I do hope Oakland does well and Rice wins another championship. I still have always cheered on the Eagles(pa native), so I am hoping they get farther this year.

18. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Mom,

Did you see yesterday's game? I caught it right before it went into overtime. I'm sorry Philly lost, but it was a great game and they played hard.

Dani

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Momof3
    A grand offer from Crap one for their gold card, I ripped it up and sent it back with a
    lovely sentiment
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I thought I was really "GOING SUB-PRIME"...
    I got a CAPITAL ONE GOLD offer again...

20. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes Dani I saw that:( But they tried:)

Hey GEORGE I get Cap one atleast every other month, I hope they get the hint this time LOL