Mail call.....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breeze, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I finally got the denial letter from Macy's

I applied for a Providian card on 8/25 and was denied online but still haven't gotten the letter saying how come. To heck with them anyway. I got an Associates Visa card in the mail after being declined online (surprise!). For the first time in 15 years, I bought myself a new winter jacket and used the new Associates card.

Hope your mail was happy!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GOT TRANSUNION...score down another 10 points...730/722/712...I'M PAYING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS EVERY MONTH...AND I LOSE POINTS...MAYBE I NEED TO MAX EVERYTHING OUT ????

WEIRD...SAYS MAXIMUM IS NOW 934 ???

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

George, that's what my TransUnion report said 150-934, but my score remained the same.

Dani

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Even when it's "nubbie" stuff (my word for none-too-interesting), it's still fun to share. That's why I started it.

And besides regular U.S. mail, UPS dropped off books I ordered on "Flea Market Decorating" and upholstering. I'm gonna try my hand at recovering my dredful looking couch this Fall and use the savings to pay off credit cards.

Besides, didn't you always want to know what everyone was getting in their mail? It's like being a voyeur!!!

5. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Denial letter from Generations bank...they pulled TU and I have no derog credit on that file reasons for denial to many new accounts and to many inquiries in the last 6 months(11)...it also said I had a derogatory account I looked again and this report is clean....anybody have a number for reconsideration?

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

More proof that they get a version of our reports that we don't know about.

7. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Doggoneit....

(1) greencard...tick tock, tick tock

(2) acknowledgement from the "one that I can't mention" that an investigation in progress
    FINALLY..........

Lousy stinkin mail.......... humpfh....

8. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

In the mail today:

Recieved balance transfer convenience checks from Juniper. Now trying to decide how best to use them to "exercise my credit".

Payment record from my daughters orthodontist insurance. Everything appears to be worked out satisfactorily now. (wiping brow - whew!)

Junk mail with my address but obviously intended for my "imposter" whose accounts were comingled with mine since '98. Blame for this goes to Federated / Experian / and the Direct Marketers Association. This battle, seemingly, will never be over. At least I haven't received her medical bills lately!

Some very good catalogues which went directly in the trash. I'm paying off - not buying - so I don't want to be tempted!

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Progress! It counts.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

DANG....I knew it was too good to be true. Got a letter from California Financial Credit Association in regards to that BofA account. I'll post a new thread regarding this.

Got my cell phone bill w/ NO PAYMENT DUE ($58 credit remaining). On the statement, there was a $137 credit applied to my account??? Weird...guess I can't complain.

Got 1 CD in the mail that I bought used from someone at Amazon.com for $10.....cool deal.

Macy's sale catalog w/ coupons (Yeah!). I'll be at Presidents Club status in no time.

Fidelity Investments brokerage account statement. Boy those bi-weekly payroll deductions straight into this account sure do add up.

Letter from Fireside regarding insurance on my car. I haven't renewed my policy yet and they are giving me 28 days before they add their own insurance (which is RAPING). I got my renewal notice in the mail and had the option of either sending a monthly payment or paying the premium in full (6 months). Well my stupid insurance (Western United through AAA) wants to charge me $10 a month fee if I pay monthly! I did the math and basically they were trying to charge me 31% interest to finance my premium over 6 months!!!!!!! I just called and charged it to my AAdvantage card. That way I get the miles and save myself some money.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MP$40
    Got my cell phone bill w/ NO PAYMENT DUE ($58 credit remaining). On the statement, there was a
    $137 credit applied to my account??? Weird...guess I can't complain.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SO YOU HAVE THE MISSING CELL PHONE CREDIT...I WANT IT BACK...

12. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

In my mailbox...

1) Experian report, 2 collections deleted, 1 updated 4 times (wierd, I know), and 4 inquiries/1 tradeline investigation still pending.

2) Postcard from Artcarved wanting me to buy a college ring.

3) Survey from old college wanting to know what I've been doing since I graduated in May 2000.

In e-mail box...

1) Letter from Privista, no updates.

2) Letter from Credit Expert, 1 inquiry removed.

3) Chain letters from friends.

That is pretty much it. All SO (sarcasm) exciting. I especially like the Experian stuff! YEAH! Wonder what my score is now?

Just checked my score: Up 7 points since 9/6/01 to 564. I'm getting there!!!! :D

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

7 points! WooHo!!

progress!!

14. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Actually Breeze, My score on 8/16/01 was 529. I'm so happy that with ageing, deletions and no inquiries, that my score has risen that much. I guess I didn't know just how much was happening and how fast! :D

15. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That's great!!

16. benkind

benkind Well-Known Member

I got DENIED for the undenying Chevron CREDIT BUILDER card! They pulled Experian and I have a 580 score.

Dang!

But this weekend, I got a First Consumers National Bank Secured at 150% of deposit.

And I applied for an Orchard secured card today.

And, for what it's worth, my Net First card is on the way.

I WILL be leasing an Acura this November, dangit!

17. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

You mean you got denied for the regular Chevron card and wasn't offered the credit builder card? You can't apply for the credit builder card.

18. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I got approved for a Citibank AA Advantage Mastercard (they reconsidered after I PFd them!) and the card is on the way.

I got denied for the so called easy to get Chevron.

And TransUnion deleted ONE dispute and left four others..., leaving medical collections from when I was a minor. Looks like I might have to SUE (hear that, spy?) My score is now 584, was 564.

Steph

19. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You were a minor? Aren't your parents responsible for that?

20. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Yes they are, and my ridiculously irresponsible father didn't pay them because the hospitals didn't bill the insurance company and he got ticked. Didn't understand that this mess goes on credit reports.

I have proven my birthdate to EQ and TU and they keep "verifying" 1995 and 1996 medical collections. I am about to sue the mess out of them :) If it wasn't for medical collections, I'd have 0-2 derogs on those reports.

Steph