mail call!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Sep 22, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Citibank usa - denied 662 exp
    Discover - Denied 654 equifax
    Amex LOC - denied 662 exp
    Cross country bank - wow twice in a week, my reports must say "suckah mail" on them.
    AAA plus card came -woohoo

I quite applying now.. :)

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I received my american express loc welcome package today. Still waiting for the access checks.

I went ahead and applied for a second loc. Got the same pending email. I hope I get approved for the 2nd loc also. But thats it for me, will not apply for credit for 6 months.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sam may I ask their reason for the AMEX loc denial????

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

to many recent inquiries?

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

too many inq's
    derogatory/collections items
    no account over 1 year old (lie)

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks sam, one more question if I may hehe. How long after you applied did you get the denial notice??

I recommended this to a few people the approvals seem fairly high so I told them to give it a shot it's only soft inquiry. Both got pending email and have checked the automated system and no info in the system, it's been 5 days I smell denial:( They're going to stop taking my advice LOL

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

bout 5 business days for the snail-mail letter.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

MBNA second offer for LOC - came down a full point on the interest this time - I am into my 4th month of no applications, hehe. I have what I need guys!! Feels good.

Letter from Cap One saying they are notifying the CRA's that the "toy card" account is closed (Equifax says they "verified that this account is not closed" - the others all show it closed).

Somebody should tip off the DEA that Equifax is on drugs.

9. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Saks 5th Ave card and CompUSA arrived, both checked TU

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

TU Update for me.... Deleted 11 Inquries combo of hard and soft....

NO change in the score. Has anyone ever had a comment on their TU score for excessive inquries? I don't think they factor them for the TU COnsumer Score.

11. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Sam i got the denial letter today as well..For some reason they used insufficent income for a reason..Is 38k not a decent pay? Around here it is!

12. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

TU update received: 1 derog deletion and 1 inquiry deletion

Fiance's EX: 4 out of 5 deletions. YYYIIIPPPEEEE!

13. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Momof: For the Amex LOC, I applied one night and got the approval e-mail the next morning

Breeze: The Same happened to me -1% for the second LOC. That is Prime+2.99%

14. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

how did you dispute the inquiries?

15. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Caution on the Saks card. They do not report the credit limit. AND they intentionally don't put it on your statement nor the sheet the card comes on.

16. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Yeah...how do you dispute inquiries off of TU? They won't budge.

17. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Thanks, I found that out when I opened it. I had to call to get the cl and interest rate. This is one card that won`t be used too often.

18. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

re TU factoring - apparently deleted derogs don't factor in either - when I had that judgment vacated, I faxed them a copy of the court order, they deleted it - I requested my score with the credit report - guess what! it didn't change. Scoring is a hoax.

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

This time I called the dispute in on the inquiries...

20. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

I disputed online and got results for one inquiry. Now I will shoot again and try to get 4 more off.