Mail Call

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newstdt, Sep 24, 2001.

1. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Since I FINALLY have something in my mail box besides ads, I thought I'd give it a go this time.

Got my husbands Providian Getsmart Visa. 1000 limit. Thank Goodness, he has a dentist appt tomorrow and I was sweating it. (No # to call to activate though, does this seem familiar??)

Also got his Orhard! Yipee!!

Wonder if I'll get my Providian. Can I call and see if they reconsidered their approval?

Rest is boring stuff, bank stmt. (which by the way, NBC Bank gave me a 100 line of O/D automatically! Only had the account since August. Been with Suntrust since June, no o/d!) Could be an account closing there soon).

Got a couple of books I ordered from Amazon and a Checkcard from WAMU on an account I closed over a year ago. I HATE that bank!!!!

Happy Monday!

2. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Geesh...I don't get out of work til 5 then it's straight to school...then I wont get my mail til 7 tonight....humpfh!!!! :(

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Today I got surprised with a brand new fall/winter JCPenney catalog...you, know. The big one!

Cool! I thought they stopped sending these out decades ago. I once had a $1,500 limit on JCP, but they lowered it to just $100 once they did AR's and saw the bankrupcty (though I did not include them, so to their credit, they didn't close the account.)

Wonder if I can work this into a limit increase. Hmm?

Got a small Eddie Bauer anniversary sale catalog. I'm sprucing up the house this winter, so maybe I'll find some bargains.

My BF got a preapproval for a Platinum card from Cap1. Get this! It says he's approved for an amount up to $5,000. And if he doesn't qualify for Platinum, he may get the Gold. Heck, isn't that the limit for the Gold card??? The thing I don't like about CC companies is their stupid propaganda. Here they are trying to praise a prospect for his excellent credit. Yet, at the same time, their insulting his intelligence by trying to pawn off this Platinum as something special. Huh???

Got a coupon for $5, $10, or $15 off at a new store opening. Cool! I needed some "stuff".

Got an Experian updated (leftover from Junum.) No changes!!!! Bastards! I'm not done with them yet!

Got the first of another magazine I subscribed to: Renovation Style. (Beautiful! How come my house never looks like that!!)

Oh yeah! Closed another house today. Money in the bank...woo hoo!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Hope
    I once had a $1,500 limit on JCP, but
    they lowered it to just $100 once they did AR's and saw the bankrupcty (though I did not include
    them, so to their credit, they didn't close the account.)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wife's account was $3,000.00 not used in two years? NOW $600.00 (they have some explaining to do...no written notice)...HER F.I.C.O. COULD BE 750+ IF THEY PUT IT BACK TO $3,000.00...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Hope
    My BF got a preapproval for a Platinum card from Cap1. Get this! It says he's approved for an
    amount up to $5,000. And if he doesn't qualify for Platinum, he may get the Gold. Heck, isn't that
    the limit for the Gold card??? The thing I don't like about CC companies is their stupid propaganda.
    Here they are trying to praise a prospect for his excellent credit. Yet, at the same time, their
    insulting his intelligence by trying to pawn off this Platinum as something special. Huh???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I GOT THE SAME THING, TODAY...
    BUT, it does say "PRE-APPROVED"...( "PRE-APPROVED" UNTIL DENIED)...

SS#
    DOB
    HOME PHONE
    SIGN
    DATE

0.00%~~~14.90% (05/2002)
    I REALLY LIKE THE $6.00/MONTH...$72.00/YEAR

THEY DO HAVE A 9.90% PURCHASES/BALANCE TRANSFER/CASH ADVANCE CARD...
    THAT IS A BETTER DEAL

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I got my amex loc checks today. Also got approved for a 2nd loc same terms, ( prime +5.9 8000 credit limit.)

7. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

George, you crack me up! LOL

8. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

Hechts does that too...I called to close a LOC for furniture I paid off and requested my CL for my store card...rep said it was $0! Because I hadn't used it in awhile, I had to have her reactivate it (stupid me, I didn't ask if they pulled a hard inquiry)...all they would give me was $200! What a steaming pile!

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got a new BP card to replace the Amoco card.
    Whoopee!!!

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: CAPITAL ONE...
    Can you imagine a PLATINUM CARD with a $6.00/month fee???

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOW FOR THE GOOD MAIL...I GOT MY $600.00 (TAX REFUND???) or is it against next years refund???

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

APRIL 15, 2002...

THIS IS YOUR REFUND......................................................................$612.18
    NOW SUBTRACK THE MONEY WE GAVE YOU IN SEPTEMBER...-$600.00
    WE OWE YOU..........................................................................................$12.18

13. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

(1). Amex Bill
    (2). Eddie Bauer outlet catalog

Sister Girl

14. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I got a response from The Bon Ton regarding my PFB letter dated 9/7/01. I'll start another thread on this.

15. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I got my disappointing Equifax report. No deletions, just an account that was already screwed up now screwed up even further.

Some catalogs. My hubby's updated TU report 3 disputes, one deletion.

I received two different offers for a Cap 1 Gold Visa card (imagine two in one day). Here's the kicker; they are in my maiden name! I have not used my maiden name for 7 years! (Could that be the Name Seekers promo inq. on my Equifax...LOL)

And I got my Braille magazine.

16. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Got my rejection letter from MBNA. Official reason- MBNA does grant credit to bk people.

What a waste of two inquiries.

Best regards,
    Sam

17. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Got my new Macy's card (moved up to Premier status). Woopie! :-\

I had requested a President's Club card since I've reached the $2500 minimum in purchases to get this card and they send me Premier (only need to spend $500) instead. <sigh>

Only difference between a regular Macy's card and a Premier Macy's card is:

"Added recognition and Elite status"

Yey! :-\

18. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Got my wife's updated TU. Only 1 out of 4 disputes were deleted. I hate when that happens.

19. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

(1). Water Bill
    (2). First USA Visa bill

Sister Girl

20. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh! oh! oh! Capital One sent me a check for $80. They said it was my reward for being such a good card holder!! I'm supposed to use it for some free months on magazine subscriptions!! I can't use it for anything else, though. They must be special magazines.

Wasn't that sweet? I think they're calling me too. The caller ID always says "out of area" when they call.