mail call

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

What a crappy mail day it was.

I received an updated report from Equifax stating the address info that I supplied was updated, yeah right old address with another named added on to it.

Also my citi balance remained the same, funny I dipsuted the OTHER account that should be zero balance. What exactly are they smoking down their in GA???

Lovely letter from TU stating they don't investigate inquiries blah blah blah, but this came from TU direct not my local.

However hubby got letter from TU they are investigating his collection account and apparently it isn't going through our local:)

But all and all a very annoying mailday:(

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Christmas catalogs

Furniture catalogs

Monthly bank and trading account statements

3.9% BT No Fee until April 2002 offer from Fleet (Hmmm! That Discover BT rate runs out this month!)

Coupons

Electric bill

Release of Lien on my boyfriend's old house (also got the original deed from the folks he bought the house from. It's faded and yellowed but it's like holding a piece of history in your hands. The house address didn't even include the zip code in those days.)

3. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

The cable bill

My PIN for new CC (yay!)

dr. leonard's catalog

4. kustomkat

kustomkat Well-Known Member

Discover Platnum Invitation 0.0 BT 0.0 apr for 6 months

MBNA plat invitation 0.0 BT 0.0 apr till july 2002

Is this a new trend....??????

how come always invitations...

I know i cant get them but oh well..

Kev

5. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Received Citi AA card today.

Trying to figure how to get the APR lowered. One suggestion was to call and tell the rep that the rate is unacceptable and I want to close account. I don't want to tell them that this is my first prime card.

6. kustomkat

kustomkat Well-Known Member

monicagee-
    convert your citi aa to a sony plat select or regular plat select you should be able to get it under 14% apr

kev

7. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Thanks!

8. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Got my TU update with 7 inquires deleted, And my cable bill which is now $110.00 a month..I just dropped all the pay channels cuz it is all the same shit..,And it still $88.00 wich cable internet service...Other than thats all........Oh ya 2 denial letters for capital one

9. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Amex Card Reader for Blue..Kewl

10. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

I rec'd an IRS notice of my current balance,
    a Geico motorcycle insurance bill, and a notice from TU stating they sent my online dispute to the local bureau.

That's not going to restart the 30 day clock is it?

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

blah mail day....

credit union newsletter

Christmas catalog

insurance license renewal

charity solicitation

12. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

BT Check from Citi Platinum Select
    Welcome letter for AAdvantage Gold
    Too many applications in 60 days letter from Citi
    PIN for Target Visa
    Pizza coupons
    Providian MC statement

Great day!

13. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

Swiss colony catalog (will i ever buy $400 worth of cheese logs)
    settlement statement from lawsuit ( bad network marketing deal)
    letter from TU saying they are investigating. but did not describe procedures used for (second investigation)
    bookstore catalog

14. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Nothing in the mail today except for last pay check from new job..They say sexual harrasment and all i said was it was a womans job....Actually the lady said it and i agreed with her..Go figure..Got another job interview Monday tho...

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

arfff!
    FRIDAY Mom- the weekend - I'm putting all problems on HOLD until Monday am!
    Want to join me? Done - we're all putting problems on hold! LOL!
    dogman

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Dave LOL!
    have a nice weekend - snap you on the next one!
    arf!

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

My mail is still pretty blah on Friday, hehe, but Mom's mail was interesting. She got an offer from First National Bank of Omaha. It's the first time I ever heard of them. 1.9% teaser, 15.99% go to no BT fee on promo offer, default rate 23.99%, points program for merchandise and gift cards, online access, and a couple of other little goodies thrown in. I told her no, she doesn't need any more cards, she can't remember to use the ones she has, LOL.

18. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Friday mail come with a scary envelope written from Cap One Quoted" Please Read Immediately. Important Legal Notice About Your Account."

RE: Your Account Ending in XXXX

Enclosed is an important legal notice regarding arbitration. Please read the entire notice to fully understand its implications to your account.

The fact of the matter is.......

I don't have a Cap One account anymore. Maybe, they wanted me to reinstate or whatever.

Herman

19. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

CapOne just still has your address on file and that is why you got that arbitration notice.

They are required to send it out to ALL customers and to be safe they send them to everyone sometimes even old/cancelled accounts...I get them along with "new" term sheets from many banks/money market funds/cards etc that I no longer have accounts with.

-Peace, Dave

PS...mail today...coupons, pizza hut ad, phone bill, and ALL THROUGH THE BRENTWOOD FACILITY.

20. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Thanks Nave for the clarification.

Herman