Mailed out some more today

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 19, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have been a busy liitle beaver these last couple of days, my latest were 2 letters, one to Citibank and the other to Providian, they each had pulled my credit twice in a matter of days. My letters were polite and I told them I believed these to be duplicates and could they please remove the second ones. Anybody have luck with either banks or any banks regarding duplicates??

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY WILL PROBABLY TELL THEY CAN'T.
    THEN WRITE THE CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY.

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Providian claimed they would remove their inquiries. They sent me a form to sign and return, so I did. Last I checked they were still there. I might send a copy of the form I signed to the CRA and see if that takes care of it.

Citibank never responded to my letter. I will be sending them another one (when I get the time)

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Let us know how this works out. I'm especially curious about the dispute you made to the one institution for nine inquiries.

My daughter wants to dispute some of her inquiries too, but she wants me to write the letters. While many of the inquiries can probably be removed, I have refused because in her case, I'm quite certain that she is responsible for creating every one of her inquiries because she seems to apply for credit habitually. Because I won't lie for her, and she's too big for me to put my foot in her ass, I feel she must somehow suffer the consequences of her actions.

Even if she does get some of her inquiries removed, it will be because she will be stuck with writing the letters and paying for the postage involved in sending certified mail.

Because I know how hard-headed the little heifer is, I'm quite sure that if she were to have every single inquiry removed from her reports, she would still continue to apply for credit that she's just not quite ready for because her accounts she has open have not had time to age.

With all that said, I'm still very curious as to how these things work out. Because you have worked very hard to get your credit back on track, having given the process a proper amount of time, I believe you will be successful in meeting your goals. There's an old lady somewhere in Texas who's really pulling for you! :)