"Main" CRA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Alwilda Sm, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

As referenced in Jamie's earlier post tonight, doesn't everyone think that they have a "main CRA" according to their particular geographic area?

I'll start: Mine for sure has got to be Equifax in the N. FLA area. Others??

-Alwilda Smith

2. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Judging by the number of inquiries on my reports, I would say that Equifax is mine. I'm in the Atlanta area (and so, obviously, are they....)

Cheers,
    Cindy

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

It seems that they pull more Equifax in the south,but I think the particular bank or dept. store would be the best to post as to who pulls what. Ex. Juniper pulled Equifax, and so did associates national bank ,at least for me.

4. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Where I live (in VA), it's definitely Equifax!

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: Saar

Saar, how did you do with Wells Fargo? I got a nice letter saying that they were sorry they couldn't process my application because I had done no prior business with them ie: mortgage or banking. It was a nice way of saying they aren't even in my geographic location so they wouldn't make any money off me. I'm in NE PA

6. sph

sph Guest

utah and california= mainly experian

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I hear you CArrot, last time I checked 25 for Eq, like 15 for Ex and 10 for TU, these are all from 2 years. But yes Equifax is king in VA

8. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Mom, is Equifax the king of Maryland too?

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not sure but it is for sure here in Va, may be it is so close??

mom

10. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Hopefully so ,I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

11. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Ohio is Equifax - my worst report :-(

12. A New One

A New One Guest

Trans Union in Illinois

It seems for me, Trans Union is pulled all the time, which totally kills my score. Experian, every now and then, Cap One pulled that one. and I havent had a Equifax inquiry in ages.