major problems with creditone

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joey123, Aug 13, 2003.

1. joey123

joey123 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I need the help of the pro's here. I am going to make this post as short as possible. About 6 months ago I started receving letters from creditone'ctmllc pertaining to a citibank/gateway account in ammount of 2000 that they bought. Theres one problem,the account was paid a long time ago and when citibank bought out hurley state bank there records got messed up and somehow they sold a PAID account to the biggest scumbag ca.

Sent paid in full letter from citibank to the collector working my case three times and all three times she stated she never recieved it. Mailed it to them crrr was recieved and got green card back with signature. Along with the paid in full letter i sent a letter stating i demand they cease and decist. Recieved 5 letters in a one month time period from them after they recieved the paid in full letter and my c and d demand. In the interim they have pulled all three bureaus twice. A total of 6 inquiries. I spoke with a supervisor at credit one and told him the paid in full letetr was signed and recieved. Was told to fax the letter to the manager and to leave a ph# so the manager can call me ato verify its reciept. No phone call after my fax and I now have 3 more inqs on all three cra's. Have them on a total of 17 violations. I do not have the time or resources to take them to court but i have no choice. What am i to do?...I think ive done everything i can do and they still send me 4 letters a month,pull all 3 cra's at will and continue to add interest to a paid balance. I am begging for any help as what to do next. I am about ready to go to texas with a f(*&^ng gun . AHh f*&k them they aint worth the jail time...They honestly think they can do whatever they want at will...and theres nothing i can do about it..I need help bad guys...I Will not stand for this anymore. I just need some advise.

2. dixidriftr

dixidriftr Well-Known Member

I would LOVE to be in your shoes about right now.

Lets see, you got them on 6 no pp pulls at $1000 a pop, $1000 for statutory FDCPA violations, and I'd say some punitive damages in the tune of $5K for the flagrantness of the violations.

I would recommend retaining an attorney that is well versed in consumer law. I'd pay up front because I believe you got 3 cut and dried no PP pulls. If you win in court over those, the attorney will get his fees from the CA and you get to keep all the cash.

3. joey123

joey123 Well-Known Member

thnx dixi...im going to call a few atty's today....this is really getting ridiculous

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I need the help of the pro's here. I am going to make this post as short as possible. About 6 months ago I started receving letters from creditone'ctmllc pertaining to a citibank/gateway account in ammount of 2000 that they bought. Theres one problem,the account was paid a long time ago and when citibank bought out hurley state bank there records got messed up and somehow they sold a PAID account to the biggest scumbag ca.
    joey123 |
    ===============
    sue them both.
    Er make that all 3 of them.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''