Make that 22!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, May 8, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yup..got my TU with one more deletion..so make that 22!! Whoohoo!!!
    Thank you, Junum...on to round 3!

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

You took the words right out of my mouth!

hehe

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ms. Erica! :) I'm elated...(and darn impressed that I used the word "elated")

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Nana,

I'm disappointed in you. As a school teacher, you should be able to come up with a million ways to use the word "elated"!!

In my opinion, it doesn't even have to be the correct usage. hehe (just kidding)

Again, congratulations.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Erica,
    The problem is that I'm an Algebra teacher and so I say things like quadratic and things that give people headaches!

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Why, thank you, Sir Jim!

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

First, congrats!

My son has a teacher that tells them not to say "done" and use "finished" instead. When a kid says "I am done.", the teacher asks "How long were you in the oven?". I think the teacher is just a little too picky. I just don't find that funny. LOL.

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Nana,

Thanks for the "Sir Jim". The only good thing that came out of that now forgoton fight between a couple of members here was Nave's joke about each of us being a "Credit Cnot". A "Knight of the Credit Roundtable".

I bear the distinction of being "Sir Jim" with pride. A "Credit Cnot" always.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Great Job!

:-D

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Great Job!

Hehehehe....

Yes, Mike, just a little picky...I'd be dancing on the tables if my 8th graders would be "done." Wow!!!

I know I have a classic response that tells my maturity and my kids love...they say "Can I go to the bathroom?" and, of course, I have to reply, "I don't know, I've never been there when you were there." At that point, the room erupts in laughter whether its the first time of 100th time I say it. Sigh..."Ok, May I..." they say...

Anyway...they love grody (is that a word) stuff like that...

Jim, I didn't even know about that event. See, you just have a sense of royalty about you and I picked up on it!!

Hey, Did I mention that deletion #22 was a paid judgement now gone from all my reports? Just in time for house applying!

12. R.

R. Well-Known Member

Several of my teachers would respond to 'Can I ...' with 'yes', then hand out a detention or something when they walked out the door without permission. They wonder how kids grow up evil.

Good work on the deletions. Makes me wish my negatives were false.

13. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Hey..you rock!! Can't wait till you start your house adventure!
    Looks like my home will be a Junum home! lol......
    I get stuck at dividing polynomials.....I missed the class that day and it is my downfall......only thing between me and my first degree is math...and my husband is seriously considering teaching math! UGGGHHHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    :)

AnnMarie

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

R: That kind of teacher behavior is just disgusting. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO not that teacher. Yuck!

AnnMarie: Oooh, Boy. You know what is funny about math? I was HORRIBLE at it until college when I had to start over from the basic basic basic stuff and build up....I think all teachers should teach something they WERE NOT good at so they know how it feels! Junum house...that is so funny...so true for me, too1 I am the Junum Poster Child and I will be living in the Texas version of the Junum house!! HEHEHEHEH As for polynomials..that's when the parrot doesn't want to eat anymore, right? Ok, sorry....stupid joke...but I get special consideration because of my profession..ahahhaha