Making a Movie with CC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donnie, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Donnie

Donnie Guest

I am gonna do it Make a sci-fi movie with my credit card,I am studing movie in school.I have also ways work Dead in JOBS_That lead to a DEAD END LIFE.This is the only way I can get some were.Tips on keeping my head above water,I will pay back and not be a a person who file BK.If I did fall into trouble tips on keeping up with payments.

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Invest your credit. Do not waste it. Exercise it to make it grow. Make large payments and make them on time.
    I have helped my now current wife to build a six figure credit portfolio.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. Donnie

Donnie Guest

I got a 100,000 and up.

4. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Robert Townsend financed "Hollywood Shuffle" on CC so it can be done. However, keep in mind that he was able to secure a distribution deal after the film wrapped. He had previous acting and writing credits so he was able to get people to look at his film. Do you have those contacts? If you can't secure distribution, you'll be sitting on a low-budget sci-fi film with $100,000+ in CC debt. For every "Blair Witch Project" success story, there are hundreds of films which never see the light of day after processing.

Stay in school, learn your art, use your education to make contacts, intern in the business as much as possible. Work for free if you have to. Don't go into significant CC debt this early in your career. If something goes wrong and you can't pay those bills, your credit rating will suffer. Not only will that make life a living hell for seven years, you'll find it nearly impossible to get funding for your next project from banks or private investors. I know. I worked in the industry for ten years. One young producer I knew made a film on CC, didn't sell it, filed for bankruptcy. He came to our company and we were interested in his project. We couldn't get anyone to fund this film with this guy attached.

I'm not trying to shoot you down. You just sound a little inexperienced about the industry and I'd hate to see you impede your career by not thinking through the risks.

Good luck.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You may sell it for $100,000,000 but what if you can only sell it for $10,000 you have $90,000 + interest of debt, you have to pay for!!!!

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I heard about a good book called "Hollywood 101." It goes beyond the film-making skills to the networking, career-building, and deal-making skills. Check it out and save your credit for emergencies. :)