Maple Street Merchants

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Apr 24, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I just looked at my updated equifax report and there is an account review inquiry from Maple Street Merchants. Does anyone know who this is because I don't.

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Looks like it's Fingerhut or Axsys National Bank. A search on Axsys brings up all sorts of stuff.

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I have one too.

Its from 3/,21 an AR inquiry.

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave. That answers the question. I think. I have an account with axsys but they have always done their account reviews under axsys, not maple street.

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: I have one too.

Here's the blurb from their website:

Axsys National Bank (Formerly Fingerhut National Bank)

Axsys National Bank (formerly Fingerhut National Bank) is a special purpose credit card bank and has been in operation since 1996. The Bank, a subsidiary of Fingerhut Companies, Inc.* is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and has nearly $10 million in assets. The Bank currently offers open-end credit to its customers to finance the purchase of merchandise and services from a variety of merchants, including Fingerhut Corporation and a number of its affiliates. The Bank offers the Fingerhut Credit Advantage® Card (formerly the Fingerhut Credit Advantage card), as well as, other proprietary credit cards. The Bank also continues to support a small portfolio of existing closed-end credit accounts.

It is the goal of the Bank to provide its customers with a convenient line of credit so they can shop from the convenience of their home, and take advantage of the wide variety of quality products offered by the merchants the Bank partners with. In addition, the Bank is committed to applying uniform lending practices on a nationwide basis.

In June of 1999, the Bank changed its name from Fingerhut National Bank to Axsys National Bank. The Bank currently serves the credit needs of several different merchants and plans to serve even more in the future. In order to provide greater flexibility and to accommodate business growth, the decision was made to change the name of the Bank to Axsys National Bank. However, the Bank's relationship with Fingerhut and its other authorized merchants remains the same.