Marie and DMB...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by F.F.M, Apr 18, 2001.

1. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

Hi Marie

I talked with DMB today and the lady told me she would send me all of my statements. I finished my follow up letter to DMB tonight.

My question is...When I send my letter to the CRA's. Should I also attach a copy of the letter I am sending to DMB?

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

not yet. just dispute the items. the main point right now is to start the dispute process and start putting the burdens on them. you may want to put a sentence or 2 in the CRA letter stating that there were fraud charges and that you did all that was legally required of you to protect yourself and still, DMB hasn't corrected the situation. but I wouldn't go into details.

I just don't want you accidentally giving the CRAs ammunition since I haven't read your letter.

On your second letter to the CRAs.. and I"m just guessing there will be one, then you start getting detailed, showing why they're so screwed up. sending copies of fraud affidavits and letters to DMB.

but for now, let's just get the process started and start your legal papertrail of disputes going.

3. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

This is the 2nd dispute...

I have already disputed DMB with the CRA's one time but have yet to get my follow up reports( this is my first time disputing). Should I call in the morning to see if they are still listed and how they are listed? If they are.... go ahead and send them the letter telling that the charges are erronous along with the details of why.

And what do you mean by ammunition....???? I don't want to give anyone ammo and also hope to cover my ass at all angles...LOL...!! So.... tell me what you think....I am all ears...LOL...!!

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Re: This is the 2nd dispute...

If you explain too much to the credit bureaus... like sending them a copy of your letter to DMB... you might inadvertantly self-verify the late information.

if you said for example "I know payments were late but they were late b/c you added in the fraud charges" I'm concerned that they might take that as verification of the lates.

When did you dispute before? and what happened??? I didn't realize you'd already disputed this. now you're confusing me. and I'm getting tired... :)

5. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

When I put a fraud alert on my account I got my reports mailed to me. I diputed to the CRA's that those accounts didn't belong to me.

6. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

Ohh and I just sent those disputes off. I have yet to get them returned to see what the CRA's say.

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

ok, then if the CRAs are still in dispute process you don't need to send another dispute.. unless you didn't cover it all. I didn't think you'd disputed w/the CRAs yet...

If you covered these accounts then just wait for the results. The point was to make certain the accounts were being disputed.

by the way, do you have confirmation the disputes have started??? just make sure they're going with all 3 bureaus.

8. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

I do have one confirmation from experian. I don't have it from the other two yet.

9. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

I sent them RR and they have about two weeks left since 30-days signed reciept.

Should I fire back with their time is up! It's been 30-days. Or do I have to wait till I get a confirmation letter? I wasnt to sure about that...?!?!?!

And when you ask ...if I sent them enough about the dispute... should I of disputed it any other way than it not belonging to me? I honestly didn't think they did b/c it was three accounts and I only had one with DMB.

10. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

I hope I didn't confuse you...

DMB had two different account numbers
    DMB had a collection account also.

Which made 3 total

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

if it's only been 2 weeks... then they have another 2. wait and see what they do.

but definitely send letters to DMB crrr