Marie, I need your help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Mar 7, 2001.

  1. mother2

    mother2 Well-Known Member

    I live in Ga and have a Judgment which is listed "ONLY" on my Equifax report. They refuse to delete it. Although the judgment is listed as "Satified", I'm still not happy. Especially since the other 2 CRA deleted it. I saw your post about having a judgment vacated but you missed the timeframe....what is that timeframe. My Judgement is dated 1996.

    Also, the company that did the judgement just went BK....AND my account with them is in good status (R1)???? Hmmm.
  2. Hal

    Hal Well-Known Member

    This one will be tough. If tthe credit reporting agency is having someone verify the Judgement with the court, it will be hard to have deleted.
  3. Marie

    Marie Well-Known Member


    I was told 1 year (I think, maybe it was 2) from the time of filing. Mine was from 88 and it was 98 so I was way over. But that's just for a failure of proper service attempt to vacate a judgment. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know all the rules etc. If you get really serious and have some cash to drop hiring a lawyer, I could recommend a great one (offline). I was going to hire him but I was able to accomplish it all myself. I was actually thinking of calling him this summer to see if he had any ideas on removing my public record bk.

    Now, the credit wrench guy details another method of challenging judgments and I almost bought it strictly out of curiosity... I really only have the public record bk listing now... but if I were you I'd maybe buy his info and see what it says. The basic idea is that, when the creditor originally got the judgment, they likely really screwed up procedurally. If you challenge the procedure (esp if the company isn't even in business anymore) likely they won't show up for the hearing and YOU win by default. But I don't know the sol for this approach.

    The only other way I've heard... and frankly I don't advice it, but in Fulton county I know you can go down and look at files... and I've known someone to have a friend "look at" several files for details... and mysteriously remove some contents. Fulton county is small but very busy in small claims and right before court times it's got a lot of people in that office. The clerks don't pay much attn. Now, I don't recommend this: but it certainly would be difficult to verify if there's not much in the file (like a copy of the complaint or disposition). Course, the clerks will still have it on the computer screen... so if Equifax verifies by calling that would satisfy...

    I guess, if the main file contents were not there... someone could go down to a courthouse and question the listing in the computer... and if there weren't any real files in the folder (or if the clerk didn't pay attn and the folder wasn't even returned) I guess someone could challenge the court's computer listing.. but like I said, honestly, I wouldn't recommend it.

    I'd recommend getting that info on judgments and seeing how good that is. It'd be fun getting a judgment vacated... and that would make it disappear from your reports! Let us know if you get the info and if so, what you think of it. It does have a guarantee on it... :) and his info was 50 or so.
  4. mother2

    mother2 Well-Known Member

    Thanks a bunch.

    I'll keep you posted. I'm ready to go to Home Banc and see if they can help me, but I want my reports as clean as possible.

Share This Page