married name automatically updated?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by annoyed, Aug 12, 2003.

1. annoyed

annoyed Member

Does anyone know if they automatically update your name with the CRB's when you change it through SS? Or do I need to change it with the CRB's myself?

2. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Social Security gives no information to CRA's or anyone else outside Government.

3. annoyed

annoyed Member

so should I just apply for credit with the new name, or send the CRA my new DL and have them change it?

4. dmplz618

dmplz618 Well-Known Member

I personally just applied for credit in my new name and the credit bureaus just basically put my maiden name under the A.K.A. section.

5. annoyed

annoyed Member

ok, maybe I'll just do that. Will the CRA's remove the a.k.a. name? I don't want my maiden name on there if it doesn't have to be. I'm hoping that the name change will allow me to get rid of a bad account (one I never had) that for some reason keeps coming back verified and has been bounced from CA to CA (now on the 5th one) every time I send the validation letter.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Notify each credit card/loan you have that you had a NAME CHANGE...they will notify the CRA's and send you a new card...

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Re: Re: married name automatically updated?

I tried that, now I have a split file with Equifax that I need to get taken care of... I've just been busy and haven't done anything yet.