May 4, 2001 Light At the End ...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, May 4, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hey you all, I got smart and sold about 5K stock - I was getting a lousy $25.00 dividend each QUARTER, then went to the web, and sold them.

I have mailed some checks this afternoon!

Here's where the money went:

American Express of course - ongoing - clickpay

Nextcard - Paid off
    FCNB Visa - Paid off
    Spiegel - Paid off
    Target - Paid off
    Providian Visa - 1/2 balance payment. I will pay off the balance of Providian next check, and have that zero this month.

Also, remember, I closed "By Consumer Request"
    4 accounts in the last month. I am certain that helped FICO improve - fewer accounts.

SO NEXT:

I will check all credit reports in the next month to reflect $0 balances on most cards, check that the accounts closed as requested, etc.

I still will owe $2K Cap One and FCNB MC. (But FCNB will be delighted that I paid off completely 2 of the 3 accounts I have with then.)

I will then have about an 80% ratio of available unused credit, all R1 or O1 (AMEX).
    ============
    PLUG: All, the thing that is nice about the AMEX is that I really don't care if any other cards increase my limit or not! Not a concern.
    ============
    Thanks to you all on this Board, friends, because I would never have had the knowledge to even TRY to improve my credit. Thought you all might enjoy this update.

May 4, 2001!

I am almost completely liquid! NICE!

c ya dogman

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Good going Dog. Hopefully, I'll soon be catching up also. Just waiting for Junum to finish this 2nd round before I give it a shot at "prime" credit.

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Good Job

Good job.

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I've been using junum for about 6 months - they are good - and its certainly something I do not want to do for myself - like dusting the furniture :)

c ya dogman

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

<applause>

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

WTG Dog! That is awesome news. BTW, what does the CRA coding of 01 mean for Amex? Are the accounts rated differently? Do they have more value or something? Just curious. Later :-D

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Reflects open payable in full charge account, different from the R1 (revolving) - shows you can handle flexible spending limits.

c ya dog