May we pull your credit??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jun 14, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Seems to me that no potty could get to be a pretty pressing issue under most any circumstance. LOL

It's just that here in OKC I guess we must be pretty lucky.
    The city gets the water turned on same day no matter what and the lights next day worst case.

The gas company can be a bit slower. One can always get a couple two or three electric heaters and get by. Of course, that depends on where one is too. That would not work all that well in Cutbank Montana nor in most parts until you get down at least somewhere near the Mason-Dixon line.

After that, one can skin by in an emergency if one has to, but not without the potty.

Have a nice one.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

El Paso is late June without an air conditioner could spell disaster, as well. It's like sending an engraved invitation for heatstroke! Unless we slept in the pool...Hey! Not a bad idea, eh?

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I have had services put in my name for things I never owned, it's called renting??? If the utilities are off before you move in then yes I guess you could hope and pray that you could get them turned on as soon as you move in but around here that's a longshot. And as for buying a home, when the utilities are on you must have them in your name the day you take possesion of your home. So taking care of these things PRIOR to when you move in is that smart and right way to do it. And if by some strange chance something did go wrong, closing date changes ( been there) or heaven forbid the loan falls through a simple phone call could fix this.

4. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

UH OH!!!
    I was never told they would run another credit report prior to closing. I charged a couple hundred dollars for my kids birthdays this month. Could this impact my closing (it is a refi if that makes a difference)?

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You know, Maer, my gut feeling is (and my broker states) that they are looking for major pruchases..thousands of dollars of furniture, a new car, etc. Heck, if they freaked over a couple of hundred on my already established cards, no one would get a house. I have to rent a moving van (deposit on card) for a 700 mile move..., etc. Don't worry! I think they are thinking fairly major stuff!

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Relax, you're expected to continue your normal life activities, including birthday presents and such...

...Unless you bought your child an airplane or something!!!

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Whew! That means we can move our stuff! teehee Thanks for the confirmation, Hope!

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Maer didn't mean to scare you. As Hope pointed out they would only be looking at "major" purchases, new car ( yes people have done this helllooo) , house full of furniture etc. They just want to make sure you have not over extended yourself to where you may default of your loan. And not all lenders pull, depends on the lender and the underwriting system. Bottom line, they only make money when you get the loan, so no loan no money for them. Don't worry you will be fine. I have been keeping my normal routine with my credit.

9. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

WHEW!!!
    What a relief!!!
    I've been stressing over this all day.