Maybe some bad news...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Well, I live at home with my Dad and brother. Right now, both of us live rent free. In the very near future, my father may be getting laid off and may have to move out of state. That leaves my brother and I with only 2 options. Stay in the house, get a mortgage and rent out the other 2 bedrooms, OR rent apartments. I would prefer to buy the house, but there isn't a way for me to assume the mortgage. I'd have to get approved. WELL, with credit like mine, that won't happen. BUT I have heard that FHA loans are kind of lenient as long as all negatives are paid off. Any suggestions as to cleaning up my credit FAST???? Like before January 1st?

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OH, boy, Erica..this could be tough or really exciting. I'm hoping for the latter. My only advice would be to approach it with the desperation mode in mind...keep at 'em until they agree to delete, etc. Hang in there, girl..I hope your Dad is o.k.!!

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. So basically what you are saying is to act dumb and beg? Why is this on my credit report and please please please PLEASE remove it?

Aren't you supposed to be working? hehe

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Well, not the act dumb part..I'm saying INSIST...and if they say no, up the ladder, even to the CEO. It worked for me...I just would hang up with a "no" and call back and say "May I speak to anyone but dumbbutt?" Or "May I speak to dumbutt's supervisor"..and planetfeedback...or fax the headquarters....keep at it...it's a mindset..am I making any sense?

And,use every bit of rudeness along the way on their part as another reason to continue up the ladder until you find the "yes" person! :)

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

P.S. Erica: I'm talking about addressing the creditors..I should have said that! sorry

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

How is your brother's credit? Also since the loan can not be assumed, would your dad be willing to co-sign on your loan? It is a secured loan so I think you will be able to get it somehow..."what the terms will be", is the major concern, not so much "if you will get the loan". I'm hopin NanaC is correct, this could be really exciting for you.

Hope your dad is ok. Give him a hug, and keep his spirits up.

-Dave

7. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Just try to dispute EVERY negative you can. Hopefully some of them will be deleted! Good luck!

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Erica:

Maybe this will help you.

------------------------------------
    Money-from community Development Black
    Grants/State's Program
    -------------------------------------
    Description: This program is for funding for small cities in the 48 states (other than New Youk and Hawaii) and Puerto Rico that have opted to develop and administer their own programs.

BENEFICIARY ELEGIBILITY: The principal beneficiaries are low-and moderate-income persons. For example, business activities that will benefit low-and moderate-income persons.

Financial Information: $1,232,179,000.

Who to contact: Headquarters Ofice: State and Small Cities Divisionn, Office of Block Grant Asistance, Community Planning and Development, Department of Housing and Urban Develoopment,
    451 7th Street, S.W., Washington, DC 20410
    Telephone (202)708-1322

I've got to leave for a little bit, but I will post more such resources as soon as I return

9. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Erica is in New York state...

10. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

My brother's credit is non-existent. So, there's not even hope there. I will try what Nana suggested and attack the creditors. I am also disputing almost everything under the sun on my credit reports. I guess I have to be on the wagon until I find out what the heck is going to happen, huh?