MBNA - Almost screwed it up!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Jun 13, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

A little while ago, I posted about my new MBNA MC that was offered to me over the phone. Well, I got the card last Monday, and all my transfers finished processing yesterday. So this morning, I remembered that AAA has a Platinum Plus card (hey, I'm a member!), so I went to the website to check it out. Same 3.9 BT rate, but their purchase rate is 13.99 (compared to my 14.99). Figured 'why not', called them up to see if I could change it to the AAA card.

No problem, go through all the verification stuff, the rate is only 12.99% (woohoo), and as she's reading the disclosures, says that any existing promo rates will expire and be posted as a purchase to my new account. ???, but I let her finish. She gets to the part about, Do I have your okay to open this new account, and I ask her about the promos. She says yes, you will lose your current 3.9, and start over at 12.99. OH NOOO. She and I both decided that this was not a good thing, and should call again in September.

The moral of this story is - Listen, listen, listen! Good thing I wasn't busy planning my day or listening to the radio or goodness knows what else!