MBNA America

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brad, Apr 3, 2000.

1. brad

brad Well-Known Member

I would just like to say how pleased I am with MBNA America as my credit provider. I have a Mastercard and a Compaq computer loan with them, and have not had a single problem. The rates are very feasible, and they have a good reputation for giving credit to students and people with less than average credit. Their customer support is pleasant, fast and helpful, which is very hard to find in a credit card company today.

2. ER

ER Guest

I used to be a satisfied MBNA customer, until today, when I found they changed my VISA account to Mastercard without informing me or asking my permission. Not sure why they felt compelled to do it (I am in good standing and my expiration date is 6 months away). Needles s to say, I was very disappointed and will be switching card companies soon.

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Is that really something to be upset about? They be dropping their contract with VISA, dealing only with Mastercard.

4. Shania

Shania Guest

I have a Gateway Laptop. And I looked at my credit report and saw MBNA on it but no charges. I thought this had been a mistake. Does MBNA do loans for Gateway? If so then I will have known where the MBNA account came from.

5. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Yes, MBNA handles loans for Gateway and Compaq. If you pay for your computer on a monthly basis, then MBNA sends you a bill each month and then gives the payment to Gateway.

6. Shania

Shania Guest

Hey thanks Brad. I was just wondering because I saw my credit report and it mentioned MBNA and for a minute there I thought my credit was being used by someone else. I knew that I would have a creditor for the computer but I wasn't sure who was handling it. Thanks again!