MBNA AU reporting?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, May 20, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Does MBNA report on an AU's credit report. I know Amex and Sears do. Does anyone know if my fiance adds me as an AU to his MBNA card, will it be reported on my credit reports?

2. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Yes, MBNA does report the account as an authorized user account on your credit reports.

psugirl

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

not for the Quantum card.

4. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Only a select few receive the quantum card, but, MBNA still allows up to 5 authorized users for free and mBNA does report on the autorized users credit files.

psugirl

5. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Yep, MBNA reports AUs. My wife is AU on all my accounts and they all appear as AU on her report. I'm talking about MBNA, Discover, Citibank and Providian.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that the Quantum should be on my credit reports? Funny, it's not. I wish it were on them though.
    I was told directly by an MBNA supervisor that I'd have to be a joint on an MBNA card to get it reported and that I'd have to individually credit qualify for the Quantum level to boot.

And that's not going to happen this year. If it did show up my utilization would be nothing.

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

For clarity, Quantum is a type of MBNA card. It's one of their best cards.

8. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

FOR CLARITY,

The Quantum card is something that recently came out within the past year and maybe a half.

It is the most prestigest card that is on the market.

The credit limit on quantum card is upto 250,000. It has no over the credit line fees though.

The quantum card is a mastercar (MBNA QUANTUM MASTERCARD)

People like bill gates get this card. And, you have to have PERFECT credit.

Its also a see through card that mbna makes themself.

For example:

If bill gates gets this card, he CAN put his wife on as a AUTHORIZED USER and it WILL report on her credit file, but MBNA WILL NOT check her credit personally, just his.

Also, its the best card on the market because it give you all the things a credit card should have and mORE, there is no card out now that tops this card.

But, to get back to the point, MBNA does report on authorized users report.

PSugirl

9. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Its not ONE Of their best cards, it IS the best card MBNA has. No other has a card like it!

10. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

And also,

MBNA does check ALL three cra's before you would even be considered for the card.

They make sure that you have Perfect credit!

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Well, I do like it. It's kindof clear in color so it's cute. And being an AU on it is nice b/c I only use it for household purchases (ones that aren't coming out of my bank account). So when I use it, I don't have to pay the bill.

But again, I just checked my reports today... and No MBNA card is showing up on my reports.

So maybe the Quantum is different??? Again, the Quantum rep told me that I won't get it on my reports unless I'm a joint cardholder (and I'd have to qualify for it).

I wish we'd just accepted the Platinum Plus, if that card would've showed me as an AU on my reports.

and I agree...it's a nice card in all benefits.

12. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Several of our friends got it... and while the intro package did say credit lines up to 250000 (or more if you need it)... my friends are all in the 10k-20k range or so.

I was told if you have an MBNA card, perfect credit, and at least a 10k limit, you can request to upgrade your card to Quantum. So while it's nice, you really don't have to be anywhere near Bill Gates to get one. Just someone w/good credit and a 10k credit line.

13. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

?