MBNA - Barnes and Nobles CC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by curious, Mar 29, 2001.

1. curious

curious Well-Known Member

I applied for the mbna barnes and noble credit card, a credit analyst just called me to ask some questions. She told me that due to the newness of my credit file, she had to put a call in to verify my employment and then they would set the card up. Will they just call the number that I provided on my application? I ask because I work for a company with numerous divisions and stupid human resources people. I gave the direct line to my manager. Anyone had experience with this or know?

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: MBNA - Barnes and Nobles C

No, I applied for MBNA Barnes and Nobles Plat Plus Mastercard on-line about a month ago and I got approved without verify any employment after two weeks. They don't have to verify anything because I got two accounts with them and my credit files is not new.

3. curious

The credit analyst said that she had to verify my employment because my credit file is so new. I have loan back from 1995, but am pretty new (w/i 6 months) of actually obtaining credit cards.

I just don't want her to call the directory assistance number and get human resources because they are morons. When I purchased my car, they actually told the bank that noone by name worked there and I have been here for almost 8 years.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

curious,
    Youe situation is new to me and MBNA never verified my employment even I applied for the first card from them back in 1999. They need to verify your emplyment because you never have any credit cards from anyone before and you don't have any credit cards of any kind before. The only people need to verify your employment like American Express and Citibank. The only way for you to verify is submitting the pay check stub or incone tax return. Hope that work for them and you may check with them. Good Luck.

5. curious

Actually, while I had her on the phone, I asked if she would like to be transferred to my manager and she said no. She said that she was going to call, she didn't say anything about check stubs or income tax returns.

I have two credit cards, but they are less than six months old.

Do you think that they will call the number that I placed on the application? I certainly hope so.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I think so or they may verify the company phone number on the directory assistance. I think your credit card account history is lttle short and they usually require you have at least a year in order to qualify for their card. If they approve your application,you may get their Preferred Mastercard (not platinium card). It is because your credit history is short for them to give you the platinium card.

7. curious

She told me that she was going to go ahead and put a call into my employment and then set up the account for the platinum card with a 6700 cl. I just wondered what number they would call. Hopefully it is the one I gave to alleviate any problems.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Nice of them and they give you a Platinium card. Why don't you ask them what number they will call?

9. curious

I will try calling the 800# and getting a live representative and asking them. I'll keep you posted.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Good luck to you.Let me know how things turn out.