MBNA - bn card info

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Apr 19, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

MBNA just approved my fiance for their Barnes and Noble card. They pulled his Trans Union report that is merged with his father (he is a junior). His father has a bankruptcy, collections, and many other negatives. I know the Tran Union score must be in the dumps.

They called and asked him about the bankrupty and account that were opened when he was 5, and my fiance told them about the report being merged. They approved him on the spot for $7500.

So moral of the story is: If you want an MBNA card and your score is not very good, they will call and you will have a chance to explain your situation. You will have a fair chance at getting this card.

2. New

New Guest

I just was approved for MBNA. While my credit is pretty good, I had an
    excessive amount of inquiries on my credit report. They called me
    and asked me about it and then approved me on the spot. From what
    I've heard from others this is a good organization.

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

After submitting the application, how long did it take to get a response from MBNA? And, after you received approval, how long did it take to get the card?

My Transunion report is pretty decent. I would love to have another prime card. If I got it, I would do a balance transfer and ditch my CapOne cards.

Thanks for any info.

Donna

4. netkat

netkat Guest

Even if MBNA declines you, they will send a letter detailing their credit decision with a phone number that you can use to speak with an actual human credit analyst. They're really good that way. (I used to work there). They have an area specifically for credit reconsideration. :)

Kat
    http://creditexpert.tripod.com/home.htm

5. New

New Guest

I applied on line and it took approximately 2 days for them to
    phone me for additional information. After approval, it takes
    7-10 days to receive the card. If you're in the market for prime
    cards Juniper is the only one i'm aware of that is currently doing
    0% APR on both purchases and balance transfers (with no transaction
    fee). Discover platinum is also during an intro rate of 0% APR on
    purchases only for 4-5 months, as is AmEx Optima, and Smart
    Card with Fleet.

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

My fiance applied April 11th, and received a phone call yesterday, April 18th. They told him over the phone that he was approved after they asked the questions.

He didn't do a bt because there was a 3% (max $30) fee.

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thanks much for all of the info regarding MBNA. Even though I'm supposed to be on the wagon, I think I'm going to go for it. What worries me a little is that, In January, I opened two new accounts, Chase and the UnionPlus card from Household. MBNA might not look too favorably on that but I think this card is worth the risk of rejection.

Donna