MBNA bt fee

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Feb 17, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with MBNA. They now charge a $30 fee to do balance transfers. They claim it is because it is too expensive for them to do the wire transfers. They waived the fee for me this time, but they said they would never waive the fee for me again.

Just thought you guys might like to know this new policy.

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

I have a MBNA platinum plus account,and have stopped doing balance transfers to their card for the time being because of their B.T. fees.What's very bad about the fees is that they have shorten the time period on their offers which makes less appealing.Chase does a hell of alot better then MBNA by giving me 18 months at a 5.9% on B.T's,and charge no fees at all.Also citibank,and at&t are good ones for B.T with a 29.00 max on the B.T fee,and they are good for 9 months.What MBNA is doing is they are charging these B.T. fees to help pay for their QUANTUM credit card program,and their newer building in the state of maine.Not me though,i am alot smarter then that!Ethier they give much longer time period on their B.T. offers,or they will never get another balance from me unless they waive the fee if they don't have longer time on their offers greater then 5 months.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BELFAST MAINE IS A BEAUTIFUL BUILDING...I saw the building when I visited my Aunt and Uncle in BELFAST MAINE.

F.Y.I. the owner has a beautiful beach front property a little distance from BELFAST...(SAYS MBNA ON THE LAWN).

The $30.00 is maximum...you can "cheat" transfer $15,000 to an account that you owe $5,000 then ask for a check for $10,000 which you can "bank" and then do your own balance transfers from your own checking accout for a lot cheaper than $30.00!!!