MBNA & Citibank--lower APR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brad, Feb 27, 2001.

1. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Thanks to replies from many of you a couple of weeks ago, I will not be closing any more accounts. I've settled for 4 majors and a couple of dept stores. But I would like to get some APRs down.

Anyone have experience with MBNA and Citibank?

Brad

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: MBNA & Citibank--lower

Brad most of us here recently got our rates lowered with Citibank. I went from 19.4 to 12.9. I have no idea about MBNA though.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: citi is not too hard.

Call up tell them you want to transfer all your balances (and have a balance!) and close the account. They will get an account manager online. I got my 17.4% reduced to Prime + 2.9% instantly! I'll be back in 6-8 months to get prime % :) hehehe

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Re: MBNA

I was only able to get my APR down to 14.99 from 16.99. Two years ago, when it was 15.99, they raised it to almost 21% based on my credit report, so I called to cancel. The guy was very nice, and told me that they are willing to negotiate (this was the first I'd ever heard of that!). That's where the 16.99 came from.

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I use my MBNA only when they offer the teaser rates and pay it off as soon as the timeframe expires. I regularly get 6 months offers ranging from 3.9% APR to 9.9% APR. Citibank just raised my limit to 11,510 from 10,000, my rate is 9.9% APR.

http://www.creditsense.com

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

If you had a good relationship they will lowered your rates in mintues. keep in mind you must keep your accounts in current. I also have MBNA account and I never asked for lowering my APR since 13.99% APR on my Quantum Card. Hope this help.