MBNA comes through....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tony V., Aug 6, 2001.

1. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

Applied for the Quantum card on 7.13.01 and was told every time I called (3 times a week) that i was denied...Due to insuffiicent credit.....

I called AGAIN, to see if anything changed, Havn't recieved a denial letter yet...CR stated they opened a Platinum Plus w/ $5500 credit line.......

Has anyone upgraded from the Platinum Plus to the Quantum, once you recieve your card?

thanks to this board and everyone here....

Tony Verengino
    San Diego, CA

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

You must have a minimum credit line of 10K to upgrade to Quantum.

3. Om

Om Well-Known Member

What report did they pull and do you know your scoere for that report?

4. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

Was told by the Quantum CS Rep that there is no upgrade from the Plat Plus, and that MBNA CS is informing customers on this information which is wrong. You can either apply for a Quantum or wait to receive an invitation.

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Others on this board have upgraded. I just did last week. I was told I would receive the new card in about 4 weeks.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

I had a 7K Sun Trust Visa and a 6K First Tennessee Visa that were bought out by MBNA. After I had both Platinum Plus Visas from MBNA, converted to a Quantum Visa with 13K limit. You had to have at least 10K limit to upgrade to Quantum. This was only about 3 weeks ago that I received the Quantum Visa.

7. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the info. Maybe that Quantum rep was plain lazy to upgrade me. Will try again. Who do I call, MBNA or Quantum?

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Try MBNA Quantum 1-800-896-3698

9. the other

I just called the number on the back of my card. I told the rep I wanted to upgrade to Quantum, and she transferred me to someone else who did the upgrade.

10. Tony V.

They pulled Experian (685) and TU (727)...i applied

online for the Fidelity Investments Quantum....

www.webAPPLY.COM/aqo8

I just got my card today the Fidelity

Investments 'Platinum Plus' w/ intro 1.7% on bt & Ca

and GO TO RATE 11.99% on purchases, bt, and Ca

Tony Verrengino
    San Diego, CA

11. the other

Do you have to have a Fidelity account to get the Fidelity Quantum card?

12. Tony V.

I do have a brokerage account w/Fidelity and they did send me an Pre approved invitation for the Quantum....from what the CS rep told me is ANYONE can apply, no Fidelity account is needed...I dont know how accurate that is??

13. the other

The 11.99% is better than the standardd quantum (13.99). Maybe after I get my new quantum, I'll ask if I can have the fidelity quantum.

14. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

Guess what, I just got off the phone with MBNA and the rep said I had to have a combined credit line of $15k. I thought it was $10k. What crock! Anyways guys, I am happy that I still have my plat plus. I'll vent my frustration elsewhere. This board is great, I would not have the nerve to do the things if it wasn't for the advice.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$10,000 MINIMUM...

Call back...maybe somebody else has a CLUE!!!

16. the other

the 10k minumum is fairly new. It used to be 15k. The person you spoke to must not have known this. I'd call back and talk to someone else.

17. SCHOLR

SCHOLR Well-Known Member

They came through Big Time for me,

a $17,000 Platinum Plus.