MBNA credit limit increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ShyGuy, Feb 8, 2001.

1. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Anyone had any luck getting a credit increase from MBNA?

My wife has a LLBean card through them with a $200. Since then, she's started working full-time. (Her initial card was preapproved based on household income.)

Any idea when she inquire about a limit increase?

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

RE: MBNA credit limit increase

All banks have different rules when it comes to giving you a limit increase, your best bet is to call them up and ask for one.

That's what I used to do with my Cap one, I started with a $300 limit, then I would call them every 3 to 6 months and ask for an increase, it took me about 3 years to get up to the Platinum card.

Good luck.

Alex.
    www.Creditinsiders.com

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Cap1 combines any cards after

Did you do it all on 1 card? I have 2 (about to get a third) because I was told after 6 months I can combine cards to one... and at 5000 limit I can get platinum. so I'm sucking up more charges/interest in the interim to work these puny lines up... and then combine them. Accomplish it all in 2 years, hopefully. In the meantime, boy are they getting annual fees out of me!

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: Cap1 combines any cards af

So if you have 2 Cap One cards, after they are BOTH at least 6 months old, you can combine them into one?

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Do they combine both mastercard and visa. have 1 mastercard secured and 2 visa gold. The mastercard is over 2 years and the visas are 12/00.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

That's what I was told yesterday... and I have a MC and a Visa. They combine and if there are balances they all just add together. So if you have a card w/better terms combine into that and get a great limit too. I had Just paid my MC annual fee 1 month ago and they wouldn't refund that 59 bucks... so I'm keeping it separate right now b/c I can build 2 cards quicker.. then combine in another year or 2. Both cards have to be 6 months old... that seemed to be the only requirement. If you do it, tell us how it goes!

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Yes, visa and mc

they said yes b.c that's what I have. Guess we'll have to see when someone tries it!

8. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

RE: MBNA credit limit increase

I've had an acct with MBNA since April 1998 (Plat Plus, not LLBean, tho). I asked for a $500 increase in May 99. They gave me that one. I got an automatic $500 in August 00, then again Nov 00.