MBNA Gold Option LOC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BigH, Nov 12, 2001.

1. BigH

BigH Guest

Anyone having this account and wishing an APR
    reduction- Call them. I called last Monday and
    this past Friday received a letter confirming a
    decrease from 13.99 to 11.96. They have been
    very good.

I originally got the line by purchasing a Gateway
    Computer. It was for a line of 5000. I returned the computer and received a credit and my line stayed open. I applied for a AAA Plat Plus. Got that card
    and combined it's line with the Gateway. Now at
    11500. This past July got an Ethan Allan account.
    Combined that one now a total of 19000. I did this
    all since Dec 1999. TU and Experian

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Now there's a thought :)

Congrat's!

BTW - You can also get a P+2.99 or P+3.99 LOC @ Amex Centurion Bank (which is currently 7.99% - 8.99%). However, Centurion's service is not yet on par with MBNA's.

Saar

3. fand123

fand123 Well-Known Member

BigH,

Did they pull a hard inquiry to lower your rate? I have the same account, I got it after I paid off a Gateway computer as well. I have called twice to get an increase in the line they the rep said they will have to pull a hard inquiry and there is no guarantee I will get the increase so I told him no. I didn't want to risk the inquiry.

4. jp

jp Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. I've wondered about combining MBNA accounts for sometime now. I called this afternoon and combined 2 LOCs and 1 credit card into the Quantum card with a rate of 9.99%.

The rep was nice about this whole thing, but the funniest part was when she asked if a limit of $23K was enough. I said, it will due for now :0).

Regards,
    JP

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YEH, rub it in...I have 1.70 BT with a "GO-TO" 11.99% on my QUANTUM...

I asked for a lower "GO-TO" rate, they said they have none...
    I asked for an increase in the credit limit after 6 years of none, they said NO!!!!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DID YOU SEE 9.99% SOMEWHERE???
    Or was it just given to you????

7. jp

jp Well-Known Member

George-

The Platimum Plus card I combined everything into already had the 9.9% rate. Initially I was only interested in combining all 3 accounts in the Platinum Plus. I asked about the Quantum and the rep said, she could get me that card with the same rate, but with the so-called perks of the Quantum. I said "yes".

8. BigH

BigH Guest

No hard or soft inquiry. Rep said it is based on payment and usage patterns determined by their
    internal models. MBNA does frequent ARs. In my
    case ARs for MBNA show up on TU and EFax

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Ok, the 9.9% is good enough a rate. I'm hereby reinstating the Quantum [9.9%] as my next credit goal :)

Use your imagination people! If you already have the Quantum 11% or 13%, ask to be transferred to a Platinum 9.9% (since they're obviously much more hesitant to make APR changes within the Quantum series, you may want to opt-out for a while). Once you get the Platinum Plus 9.9% (which may or may not require Retention), you can always switch back to the Quantum if they make you the same offer under the 9.9% rate.

May take a couple of phone calls -- so what?!

Saar