MBNA has agreed to remove the

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim S., Dec 23, 2000.

1. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

My ongoing saga to get the account that my mom opened that I am trying to get removed from my credit reports will soon be at an end. I called MBNA, and asked to speak to the fraud dept. as soon as got someone. They gave me the direct number in case I need to call them again, and forwarded me.

The fraud dept. was very helpful. They are going to mail me something to send back so I can get the account removed.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member

RE: MBNA has agreed to remove

I have found MBNA to be helpful in any situation that I have ever encountered...most recently with a large (5K) payment that took forever to post...when I called, they said they would note it and to give it a little more time...the payment posted, but late...and they still refunded the interest that was accrued and a late fee (about 40 dollars worth)..

We need to send everyone at Cross Country, et al to work at MBNA for awhile and not only see how a real credit card company is run, but to also learn the finer points of customer service..

3. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

RE: MBNA

MBNA is a good bank. Most people who start off with a low credit limit within 3-5 years will have over a 20K limit as long as they make their payments on time. My friend now has been with them for 10 years has a 50K limit

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

RE: MBNA has agreed to remove

Hi Jim,

I'm glad to hear that. I had the same issue with Discover Card and last week they also - after many, many phone conversations with supervisors - removed me from my mom's account as well.

Phew!

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member

RE: MBNA

I agree...in 5 years we've gone from 9K to double that...never asking..just always getting an increase every few months...