MBNA=LIARS!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jeff, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Signed up to get a loan for an Apple computer online.It said my interest rate would be between 14.99-19.99....well, a few days AFTER I received the computer, I received my first paperwork from MBNA....it said my interest reate was 26.99!!
    I called and spoke with a 'customer satisfaction rep' and was told that because my credit file was only 3 1/2 years old, that that was the LOWEST rate that they would give me, but that in 6 months they would lower it...
    I paid off a $3200.00 loan in 6 months..actually I now have a credit coming from them...and now they're saying that the account has to be a YEAR old before they will consider a lower rate...even though it's PAID OFF!!!
    After 3 1/2 years of not a single late or missed payment, 3 Visa's,1 Mastercard , 3 UNSECURED LOANS from my bank, 4 revolving department store cards, a fully complied with 3 year auto lease, and a new lease for a $33,000. car....and they STILL want to be like VINNIE and GUIDO in little Italy and charge LOAN SHARK RATES!!!!
    NO incentive to ever use them again...EVER!!!!

2. Michael

Michael Guest

Not a surprise. I hear this all the time about MBNA. They tried the same with me and I cut up the cards and sent them back.

3. Himmel

Himmel Guest

Forget about them! Take your business elsewhere. :)

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Jeff,
    I applied for Apple loan through their sites and I was approved.The system told me I was Iwas approved with $5500 and 14.99APR% andthey haven't changed on me.I was thinking to buy iMac through their loans and I changed my minds. I bought my computer from Sears interest free for a year. By the way,MBNA never any terms on me either Apple loan and my credit cards.

5. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Transfer the balance to a card with a better interest rate.