MBNA platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tommyy, Nov 14, 2001.

1. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I applied on line for the plat. MBNA. Message stated they would respond by mail within 30 days. Does this mean denial? I assume MBNA does not offer instant approval because ythere is no documentation on the web page regarding instant approval.
    Thanks for the help!

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I don't think they do instant approvals.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

If you get denied, fire them off a PFB letter. If all of your negatives are paid and you have a good story, they'll reverse the denial. In my PFB letter, I asked for a basic card with a $500 limit. In return I got a Fidelity (I have a brokerage account w/ them) Platinum Plus MC w/ a $5500 limit!

4. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

How does mbna notify you? by mail or phone?
    Can I call someone at MBNA to get information on the application? Thanks again!!!

5. Cadillac408

I included my phone number in my PFB letter. The consumer advocate called me a week later.

I got the denial letter via mail.

6. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

MP$40,
    I called MBNA and new applications stated 7 days is the earliest they could decide on approval. Why soooo slow? Is this normal with MBNA? this seems prehistoric.

7. Cadillac408

I have no clue. Maybe they need time for the application to get into their system. I know Citi needs like 2-3 days.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

mbna will almost always call you at work to talk to you if they are interested in approving you..

9. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Sam,
    approximately how long before they call?

10. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

i too as w/ MP got the Fidelity Plat Plus card....i did apply for the Quantum but was denied due to lack of credit history.....i called 4 times a day after 3 days of filling in the app on the webpage.....i was told i was denied for any card they have.......i couldnt handle this and take NO for an answer so i kept calling .....finally was told i was approved for the Plat plus card 1.7% 6months, go to 11.99%......

nobody called me or verify anything...mbna did pull TWO CR Transunion and Experian!

Tony Verrengino
    San Diego, Ca

11. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

They approved wife for line of credit but the rate is at 19.99% so it will be for ratios i guess

12. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Tony V.
    Do you know what your scores were at the time for EX and TU?

13. 2ndIINone

2ndIINone Member

My best friend applied over the phone this past Monday for a Platinum Rewards card. He was told over the phone that they can give you an instant approval. He gave all his info and was asked to stay on hold to speak with a credit analyst. The credit analyst asked him a few questions and then said she would approve him for 10k.

Next day he got a call and they wanted to ask him more questions about his finances and why he had never used credit cards before 1998 (he's 26 now).

They held with the 10k and said he would receive his card within 2 weeks. They pulled his Experian and Trans Union. I only know his Experian score was 680 and he has no negatives of any kind.

I've been with them for a few years now and I've got nothing negative to say about them.

14. 2ndIINone

2ndIINone Member

Instant approval number: 800.437.0180