MBNA Quantum Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by pcotten, Mar 10, 2003.

1. pcotten

pcotten Well-Known Member

I just got my Quantum Card today. I had an LLBean which I asked them to upgrade to this card. Are there different kinds of Quantum? I got a black colored card with World Points on the back. Is this different from other Quantum Cards?

One thing that was disappointing is they won't sell me additional warranty on products that I buy such as electronics. They will extend it one year. That is it. Otherwise looks like a straight forward 1 point for 1$ spent reward. I do have a Visa Signature card and Quantumm seems to offer similar benefits, expect for the warranty. Visa Signature charges $89/year in annual fee and that bugs me.

As an unrealted question which are the best Cash back Cards out there? Thanks.

2. luxury4me

luxury4me Well-Known Member

Not all Quantums have the world points feature or look black. Mine isn't black at all. It is transparent looking, very light weight with a silver strip on the black. They were going to all upgrade my plat plus acct to a Quantum rewards, but they were also going to rate jack me on that acct, so I closed it and just kept one Quantum acct.

3. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

mine is black apr 8.9 I love it

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Mine is 8.90% with a 3.70% BT

SILVER SEE THROUGH...

FULL OF PERKS I DON'T USE...

5. ahhhchu

ahhhchu Member

Does it say quantum on the front of the black colored card? Is there anyone that I can call to request a black colored card? I have the transparent one.

6. chitown

chitown Well-Known Member

Where is the website to apply for this card. Do they check Exp. only. I have a few negs. from several years ago. My score is 692. Do you think I would get approved for a cc.

7. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Re: Re: MBNA Quantum Card

You can't apply on their website. They have to invite you to apply. They do not want to see any negs...does not matter how long ago...your income must be pretty high in order to get this card...and yes I requested replacement card recently and it's all black now...looks like they are trying to copy Amex Centurion Black card.

8. chitown

Re: Re: Re: MBNA Quantum Card

Is there a backdoor way?

9. Platinum

Re: Re: Re: Re: MBNA Quantum Card

If you have other product with MBNA like Platinum Plus card and credit limit $10.000 or more you can ask them to convert it into Quantum product...otherwise I am not sure...

10. chitown

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MBNA Quantum Card

Do the MBNA Plat Plus check EX or what CRA? Is it very difficult to get this card also?

11. Platinum

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MBNA Quantum Card

If you apply for Platinum Plus they will check Experian and TransUnion. As I said with MBNA it's almost impossible to get anything if you have any negatives and it doesn't matter how long ago.

12. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MBNA Quantum Card

and yes it says quantum on the front btw george my bt apr is 3.90 im jelous.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MBNA Quantum Card

MY LAST BT WAS 1.70% THOUGH...

15. luxury4me

luxury4me Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that they're changing the look of the Quantum card. I like the card and its benefits and high CL, but it really is kind of ugly. The translucent idea sounded good, but it just looks cheap rather than cool. I guess they must have begun to realize it themselves. Because the plat plus was actually a gorgeous looking card.

16. pcotten

Guys, I don't really care about what the card looks like. I was asking about any differences in features that may exist within Quantum. When I asked MBNA to convert me from Platinum Plus to Quantum, they did tell me that this World Points Quantum Card is a month old.

17. jaj1701

jaj1701 Well-Known Member

I would also like to know about this World Points Quantum, as I am a standard Quantum card holder.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with having cards that look cool! :)

18. OnTheBayou

OnTheBayou Well-Known Member

I just had my MBNA plat. plus converted to the world Quantum Card. They gave me a 1.9 intro. off offer for 6 mos. (Not sure if its BT's or charges.) The problem is the regular rate they quoted was 12.9%.
    I thought George and some others posted that they had 8.? rates on their cards

The rate was disappointing, but different cards or fun and really like my green translucent Juniper.

Years ago I had a AMEX platinum and really enjoyed it when it was unique, but now days all you see is platinum. (I did screw up with Amex, and understand you can't ever get another card with them once you do that, but I would't pay the $350 yearly fee again.)

For those interested in applying for a Quantum I told them I had a friend that wanted to apply, and they gave me this number to call. 1-866-867-6339

19. pcotten

I had originally applied for Quantum in 2000 and was rejected as I didn't much credit history. I had just cleaned out my report and was an authorized user on my wife's cards. They didn't care for a high income. They wanted credit history. So, I got a Platinum Plus and 2 1/2 years later converted to Quantum.