MBNA QUANTUM UPDATE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Mar 16, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALLED MINUTES AGO...said 2.99% for 4 months then 13.99%...NO 9.90%

:(

Wouldn't effect my current 9.90% on balance transfers.

THEY DID SAY THEY WOULD LOVE FOR ME TO CALL BACK IN JULY WHEN 9.90% EXPIRES...

:)

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Odd. We were told that there was a lower rate than 9.9 but I'd have to give up the no fees...

Course, when I started trying to get the Quantum card they also told me there were no no fee cards

They don't quite seem to have their act together with regards to this new card

Also, when I called I absolutely talked w/retention b/c we really didn't want their stupid Platinum Plus

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I CALLED THE 1-800-896-3698 QUANTUM NUMBER...

WHO KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON...

I DON'T CARE ABOUT OVER LIMIT FEES OR LATE FEES
    I DON'T PAY LATE OR GO OVER LIMIT...
    I JUST WANT A FIXED RATE 9.90% OR UNDER...
    AND NO FEE TRANSFERS IF POSSIBLE ($30.00 MAX IS WHAT I HAVE NOW).

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Good luck George. They denied me because they couldn't extend me any more credit based on my income. They took them to process mine for a whole month and then they turned me down.So I convert my Garfield into Quantum card. I never asked them to lower my APR but I asked to raise my credit. They approved it in minutes. I think Quantum give me fixed 2.9% APR for balance transfer and purchase for the first six months. I don't care about the interest rate because I pay it off balance monthly.

5. other me

other me Guest

Ron, I forget, what is your current credit limit?

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

My Quantum credit limit is 10K.

7. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I just got MBNA to combine my two Platinum Plus accounts (17K total) and then upgrade to Quantum. They went over the terms and conditions of the Quantum and asked for my approval. Does this mean that I'm definitely approved? I've been an MBNA cardholder for two years now.