MBNA Quantum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi all, I actually have 2 Platinum Plus accounts with MBNA: one w $11,700 limit and the other w a $5,500 limit. I've had the higher limit account for 2 years now, but they sent me the lower limit card without any application. I don't know why they sent me the second card, but I'm thinking about getting rid of the second account and upgrading to MBNA Quantum. What's the use of having two cards with a combined limit of $17,200 when you can have one higher level Quantum with a 17k or 15k limit. Anyone have any thoughts on upgrading to Quantum?

Thanks.

2. other me

other me Guest

Why not see if you can combine the accounts into one with a $17,200 limit, then upgrade to Quantum? Or upgrade the one with the 11,700 limit, then combine the accounts? The min. limit for a Quantum is 10k.

I'm planning on upgrading when my current promo b.t. rate is up. If I upgraded now, then I would lose my current promo, and I just transferred the balance at the end of Feb.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Why combine? you can now get a Quantum w/only a 10K line.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mike,
    Yes, I upgraded my Garfield card to Quantum card two months ago when they denied my Quantum card application.

5. other me

other me Guest

No need to combine. I just thought it would be better than having two separate accounts with the same company.

I have two citibank cards, and when my b.t. promo rates run up, I will probably combine those. Since I have so many accounts, that will be better for my FICO.

If you don't have much in the way of other credit, having the two cards could be better for your score.