MBNA Quantum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi all, I just spoke with an MBNA CSR and combined my two Platinum Plus accounts and then upgraded to Quantum. They mentioned all of the terms and conditions of the new card and asked for my approval. They also said that I should get the card in about 4 weeks. Does this mean that I'm definitely approved for the Quantum? I already had a line of 12,300 on one of the Platinum cards and have been an MBNA customer for 2 years now. I heard that one of Quantum's benefits is the concierge service. Has anyone used this service before? How is it?

I would like to thank all of the knowledgable people on this board from whom I've learned so much. I never even heard of the Quantum and all of its benefits until I read a few posts on this board. I'm really excited about getting this card!!!

2. other me

other me Guest

I think it means you've got it (but I'm not 100% sure)

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT INTEREST RATE???

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MIKE??? INTEREST RATE PLEASE...I called last night, if you read my post to sign up but they said no 9.90%, so I didn't sign up...

IF YOU GOT 8.90% OR 9.90% OR NEAR THAT I'M GOING TO SCREAM!!!!

NOT AT YOU AT THEM...

:)

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I got the standard 13.99% rate, no annual fee card. I'll try to get this lowered after some time to at least 10.99% They might do it because they know that I usually pay the balance in full every month.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Marie said 9.9% or so...

13.99% is useless for me...

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mike,
    I think they will combined two credit limit and they will open new Quantum card for you. In my case they closed my Gardfield Platinium Plus account and they opened me a new Quantum card account.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    If you look at 9.9% APR fixed the Quantum card may not be for you. You may try tp apply for fixed rate Bank Of America Visa or Mastercard. I think you can pply on-line and get instantly approve in seconds.

9. ble103

ble103 Guest

MBNA surely offers alot of teaser rates with this card don't they?I can't imagine them not to.If they don't then this card isn't so special after all.I am sure they offer many chances to do B.T. with their QUANTUM card.The advantage to having this card is to pay no cash advance fees including B.T.'s.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Ron, I have B OF A already but NOT >$20,000 like MBNA...

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    Did you asked them to lower your rate into 9.9% fixed apr.?

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They said they don't have that rate...just 13.99%

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I asked them my Platinium Mastercard last year and they lowered my interest rate from 18.99% t0 13.99% APR fixed and second time 13.99% to 9.9% fixed second time last year. By the way their rentention dept.number is (800)858-0561.
    They should have it and I got both my Platinium Visa and Mastercard at both 9.9 %fixed APR. Hope that helps.