MBNA Quantum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my Platinum Plus to Quantum. I was wondering just how this works, do they close the old account and open a new Quantum account for March 2001 stating that I am a new member or does my previous credit history with Plat. Plus carry over to the new account? I've had the Plat. Plus for 2 years now and I would like to know if I will be losing this card's senior status because of the upgrade.

Thanks.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SHOULD HAVE OLD DATE...

WHAT INTEREST RATE?

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

They gave me the 13.99% no annual fee card. Oh well, at least I can try out the concierge service and no cash advance fee benefit when I get the card in a couple of weeks. It seems that the only way I can get a fixed rate of less than 9% is by doing a balance transfer into my AMEX Optima Platinum. I think it is 8.9% for the life of the balance with no transfer fees. The feds are supposed to be cutting interest rates, but it looks like our CD rates are getting cut much more than our interest rates on credit cards and loans.

4. ble103

ble103 Guest

No you don't lose any establihed credit at all.Just look at the new quantum card,and it will show year since you have been with MBNA.All they do is issue a brand new account number under the quantum status.Does anyone out there with a quantum card gets any teaser rate offers after the inital promotional rate at first when you accepted the card?Hey mike did you upgrade to the quantum with a credit limit less then 15K?Some people are saying MBNA is now letting people with execellent credit upgrade with a minimum of 10K instead of the 15K minimum.Is it true?

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I upgraded after combining two Plat. Plus accounts (12K and 5K limits). I didn't know that 10K is the new minimum.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

13.99% is useless for me so I didn't get the card...

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

They upgraded my Garfield PlatPlus last year and they transfer everything to the Quantum. They reported the account open of the Quantum account as same as the Garfield Plat Plus account.