MBNA Settlement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Grace, Jul 2, 2001.

1. Grace

Grace Member

Has anyone been able to sucessfully negotiate a favorable settlement with MBNA? They are telling me they can only offer to list my credit account as "settled" with a 0 balance, all prior delinquent history will continue to be listed on my credit report.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

2. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I had some great luck with my old MBNA loan....

I got the 1000.00 loan in 1998. It was charged off in 1999 at 1600 and something. I was making a min payment for a while to the collections agency. It was at 26.9 percent and killing me.

So, After arguing the supervisor at the collection agency down for a while, I agreed to a settlement of 1033. I got out of about 600.00. The 1033 was only 200 more than what i wanted to originally settle for.

I then got mbna to report my account as "paid charge off" so it looks like I paid the entire amount!

So, just give an offer as to what you can afford, I did 50% of the balance. Then stick to it, stick to it, stick to it. They will eventually compromise with you to something that you both feel comfortable with (maybe, depending on the agency and the person)

Good luck
    psugirl