MBNA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Jun 20, 2000.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I am considering applying for a credit card with MBNA. I already have a Mastercard through USAA (2,000 limit), Capitol One (300 limit), DPP Credit Card (1000 limit), and a Visa through my credit union(700 limit). I have a paid collection from 1995 and an auto loan for almost a year with ontime payments on all my accounts. I was wondering the odds of getting a really nice card for a change, especailly for a college student. How are my chances? What do you recomend? I know my FICO score has to be some where in the 600's. I have been working so hard to repair my credit, now the rewards are more plentiful. Thanks in advance.
    Reshod

2. JP

JP Guest

With a paid collection you will most likely be denied by MBNA, they can be tough at times. I would suggest that you keep the existing lines that you have and make timely payments and hope they give you increases. A USAA card is a nice card that not everyone can get, so feel lucky. Good luck in rebuilding.

JP

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

If you are willing to wait after you are turned down. Apply for whatever card you want till you get turned down. Then, wait at least 6 months before starting a new round of applications. Make sure you have changed your situation in those 6 months, by either closing some of your low limit accounts, increasing your income, exercising your credit or lowering your debt significantly. MBNA can be very tough, so be prepared to be turned down.

http://www.creditsense.com

Reshod wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I am considering applying for a credit card with MBNA. I already have a Mastercard through USAA (2,000 limit), Capitol One (300 limit), DPP Credit Card (1000 limit), and a Visa through my credit union(700 limit). I have a paid collection from 1995 and an auto loan for almost a year with ontime payments on all my accounts. I was wondering the odds of getting a really nice card for a change, especailly for a college student. How are my chances? What do you recomend? I know my FICO score has to be some where in the 600's. I have been working so hard to repair my credit, now the rewards are more plentiful. Thanks in advance.
    Reshod