MBNA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Don, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago I posted a message about my inquiring with MBNA regarding the climbing interest rate on my card, and told them that I would need to have at least their 14.9% rate to keep me as a customer.

So what did they do?..

Well, in the last 30 days they have:

1. upgraded my account to a Platinum Plus status, 14.9%, plus some other offers on balance transfers...

2. converted the card to a card that accrues frequent flyer miles...as opposed to some other garbage I had..

3. Bumped my limit to about 15K, a 10% increase...

4. Inquired to make sure there was nothing else they could do to make things right...

Now THAT is customer service....

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I posted in regards to MBNA not too long ago. I presently rate them the best for line increases and teaser rate offers.

Good Luck and enjoy your new limits.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. Oscar

Oscar Guest

I also like doing business with MBNA. Even though I've had some credit problems in the past, I applied for a credit line with them, and they approved me based on my application + information I gave a loan officer who called as a followup. It seems like this bank really wants your business & is willing to go the extra mile!

4. John Debto

John Debto Guest

They are rotten bastards if you fall behind, make no mistake about it. Don't pay your bill and the true nature of your relationship will present itself.

5. BarryN- Cr

BarryN- Cr Guest

John,

Isn't this the brutal reality of all lender/borrower relationships?

Ultimately, it's a catch-22 realtionship, and is only bright and sunny when all is well, on both sides of the contract.

Peace,

BarryN
    Doing business with many "rotten bastards", but admitedly been one myself in the past.

John Debtor wrote:
    -------------------------------
    They are rotten bastards if you fall behind, make no mistake about it. Don't pay your bill and the true nature of your relationship will present itself.

6. Bob

Bob Guest

Of course they are going to be rotten if you fall behind!!! I work for a major financial institution in the bankruptcy department and I am sick of hearing sob stories!! I have no sympathy for people who charge up their credit cards or take out loans and then file bk 4 months later. People who don't pay their bills just make all the rates higher for the rest of us!!!!

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member

I have HAD a few problems in that area...for a short time..they were demanding, but reasonable..